HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Arizona man convicted aft...

Sat Nov 20, 2021, 02:14 PM

Arizona man convicted after threatening Pelosi with 'I'm coming to kill you' message

An Arizona man who left a message telling House Speaker Nancy Pelosi “I’m coming to kill you," was convicted Thursday, federal prosecutors said.

Steven Arthur Martis, 77, of Bullhead City, was convicted on one count of communicating an interstate threat, the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Arizona said Friday.

Martis left the voicemails with Pelosi's office on Jan. 17. One contained the threat to kill Pelosi, D-Calif., and the other said “you’re dead,” according to a criminal complaint.

About a year earlier, the FBI had interviewed Martis about a different message to another member of Congress and warned him that conduct is against the law, an affidavit filed in the case says.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/arizona-man-convicted-threatening-pelosi-m-coming-kill-message-rcna6218

2 replies, 799 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Arizona man convicted after threatening Pelosi with 'I'm coming to kill you' message (Original post)
Jilly_in_VA Nov 2021 OP
msfiddlestix Nov 2021 #1
Jacson6 Nov 2021 #2

Response to Jilly_in_VA (Original post)

Sat Nov 20, 2021, 09:28 PM

1. Oh, now I see the question you asked at the bottom, which is my question also.

I dunno. but it sort of seems like Gosar should be low hanging fruit for his threats.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Jilly_in_VA (Original post)

Sat Nov 20, 2021, 11:29 PM

2. As Forest Gump said, Stupid is that stupid does!

He can enjoy his stay in prison for his stupid statement.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread