HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » The Food Wars

Fri Feb 11, 2022, 07:14 PM

The Food Wars

Because Lithuania recently requested a permanent garrison of US troops within their borders (same as Poland did,) I realized that I did not know where in hell Lithuania actually is in the milieu of countries threatened by Russia.

So, I ran across this:

https://www.reuters.com/world/china/china-suspends-lithuanian-beef-imports-taiwan-row-grows-2022-02-10/

I had no idea. I did note that Taiwan has stepped up its imports of rum from Lithuania in order to make up for the decrease in trade. What does Lithuanian Rum taste like? I like Rum in my cakes, and having just decided to try baking rum cakes (having not done so well with bread,) I want to keep abreast of my options.

5 replies, 609 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply The Food Wars (Original post)
EndlessWire Feb 2022 OP
abqtommy Feb 2022 #1
I_UndergroundPanther Feb 2022 #3
EndlessWire Feb 2022 #4
Klaralven Feb 2022 #2
EndlessWire Feb 2022 #5

Response to EndlessWire (Original post)

Fri Feb 11, 2022, 07:33 PM

1. I guess China doesn't really care if anybody buys their stuff! ;O) As far as cooking

or baking with rum, all the recipes I'm aware of begin with "Step1, pour one jigger of
rum into the baker/cook then proceed". My second ex-wife used to make rum balls
during the holidays. The recipe for them doesn't call for baking so they were pretty potent.
I guess you'll have to give the Lithuanian Rum a try. Let us know how it works out!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to abqtommy (Reply #1)

Fri Feb 11, 2022, 07:54 PM

3. I love the taste of rum balls

I got into them as a kid and I got tipsy.

Needless to say after that my rum balls were made with non alcoholic rum flavoring.

To this day I freakin love rum balls. With real rum ,nowadays 😋

Reply to this post

Response to abqtommy (Reply #1)

Sun Feb 13, 2022, 04:11 PM

4. If I buy Rum produced in Lithuania

I would be supporting Taiwan! That's how I can put my two cents in! Follow their lead, put L. Rum in my cakes, and both countries benefit from my support of freedom for all people! That's the ticket! Gonna give it a try.

Reply to this post

Response to EndlessWire (Original post)

Fri Feb 11, 2022, 07:35 PM

2. between 1345 and 1650, Lithuania ruled most of Ukraine north of the Crimean Khanate

Reply to this post

Response to Klaralven (Reply #2)

Sun Feb 13, 2022, 04:19 PM

5. I love maps like this.

It's very graphically clear, neat, and colorful. Long time ago, though. Before my time, as they say. Good map. TY.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread