HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » May 9th.

Mon Apr 11, 2022, 04:20 AM

May 9th.

Rumble around town has it that something is going to happen around then, because 1) that stupid spokesman stated that the Russians were almost done, and 2) it's a holiday similar to those North Korean holidays where military parades are held to demonstrate their strength. May 9th is some kind of celebration re: the end of WW2.

I'm betting they're going after Odesa. They have already started, but I think they are going to solidify that whole corridor. Now would be a great time for NATO to haul ass and get those military systems in place.

2 replies, 656 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply May 9th. (Original post)
EndlessWire Apr 2022 OP
brush Apr 2022 #1
FakeNoose Apr 2022 #2

Response to EndlessWire (Original post)

Mon Apr 11, 2022, 08:56 AM

1. Looks like they're moving east to solidify the Dunbas region so as to be...

able to declared a victory by May 9, national holiday commemorating the defeat of the nazis in WWll. Of course the Russians would love to conquer Odesa in the south and west, Ukraine's major port, but that's probably a land bridge too far, so to speak, as there's quite a bit of defended Ukrainian territory between Dunbas and Odesa.

I doubt the Ukrainians and NATO as well would stand for Russia completing that landbridge from the east to Odesa as that would landlock Ukraine and shut off their exports of grain and other products that help feed many other nations.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to EndlessWire (Original post)

Mon Apr 11, 2022, 09:05 AM

2. May 9, 1945 Germany signed unconditional surrender to the Allies

They actually signed the first surrender on May 7th, and they signed a 2nd one in Berlin at midnight of May 8th-9th. I guess the Russians celebrate May 9th as the end of WWII. Of course this has no connection to Ukraine whatsoever.

Pootie wasn't even born yet, so why is the date a big deal to him?

He's using it as a handy excuse to reign more death on Ukraine.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread