HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Republican presidents of ...

Sun Apr 24, 2022, 05:03 PM

Republican presidents of my lifetime.

Eisenhower. (I like Ike) my memory of him is a great general and his creation of the interstate highway system. He also warned us of the dangers involved with the Military Industrial complex. The Koch brothers called him a communist. To me he was the last DECENT republican president.

Nixon (I am not a crook) introduced healthcare as a for profit enterprise. We all know how that has turned out. Resigned rather than facing impeachment with a good chance of the senate convicting him. (the beginning of the fall?)

Ford (stumbles a lot) a Michigan representative who fell into the job because a prior Nixon scandal forced the resignation of Spiro Agnew. Other than pardoning Nixon I have no memories of him doing anything of consequence.

Reagan (Saint Ronnie) Smooth talking actor who super charged the attack on middle class people. Began the attack and mistrust of the government. Fired the PATCO workers beginning attack on unions. Used the fear of communism to start covert operations in south America. This led to the installation of governments approved by us which created the problems we now have at our southern borders. This guy held the title of worse president for years but the worst is yet to come.

Bush HW (read my lips, no new taxes) continued with Reagans work in south America Ollie North took one for the team in this term. No accomplishments great or small that I recall.

Bush GW. (Dumb and Dumber) This one gave the powers of presidency to Cheney before he was even elected. ON 9/11 we were attacked by terrorists from Saudi Arabia he responded by first attacking Afghanistan (dumb) and then his real goal of attacking Iraq (dumber). During his reign bankruptcy laws were rewritten. The public was told not to worry they were just changing the laws regarding businesses. Only after the fact did we learn the changes gave rise to vulture capitalism. Allowing greedy capitalists to bankrupt struggling enterprises for profit. Removing legacy expenses (pensions etc.) in the process. The only redeeming value of this dude’s reign was his refusal to pardon Scooter Libby, pissing off Cheney in doing so.

The Orange Turd (I am the greatest)
Sorry friends but I refuse to put his name in print.
So, this dude did pardon Scooter Libby, just a minor screw up based on his other actions.
Increased the hatred and animosity among Americans. Tried to destroy NATO. Gave Russia American military bases without a whimper. Increased misogynist and xenophobic behavior in the population. Poo pooed the virus allowing one hundred thousand or more Americans to die for “his” cause. Stealthily gained control of the republican party using his charming tactics to create a cult following. Spent millions of U.S. tax dollars profiting his personal holdings. Attempted to steal the last elections by coercion or fake electors or calling for audits and claiming fraud. When none of these worked he tried an insurrection trying to stop the process of certifying the election. Hoping the MOB would rule.

8 replies, 766 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 8 replies Author Time Post
Reply Republican presidents of my lifetime. (Original post)
tiredtoo Apr 2022 OP
LakeArenal Apr 2022 #1
lastlib Apr 2022 #2
ymetca Apr 2022 #3
underpants Apr 2022 #4
madinmaryland Apr 2022 #5
Archae Apr 2022 #6
Skittles Apr 2022 #7
ChoppinBroccoli Apr 2022 #8

Response to tiredtoo (Original post)

Sun Apr 24, 2022, 05:12 PM

1. Possibly... possibly...I might have (liked is such a strong word) liked Barry Goldwater.

Mr Lake really liked him and I like Mr Lake.

However, today’s Repuke party wouldn’t accept him as a Republican so… that’s a vote in Barry’s favor.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sun Apr 24, 2022, 05:24 PM

2. okay for a short summary....

but the details are FAR worse.

For starters, google "Kissinger East Timor" and you can get an idea what kind of war criminals these basturds were. Then we got Raygunz's Iran-Contra treason, Daddy Bush selling chemical weapons to Saddam, then turned around and invaded Iraq, which set up Sonny's little misadventure. Then we have the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act to set the table for the financial collapse of 2008-09 by prohibiting regulation of derivatives.

I guess we all know all we need to about the Merde-A-Lardo Turd....

Reply to this post

Sun Apr 24, 2022, 05:34 PM

3. Don't forget

George W. Bush succeeded in introducing Medicare Parts "Eff" and "You", allowing private for-profit Big Insurance to stick their snouts deeper into the Medicare Trust Fund, advancing their desire for its total bankruptcy. At our expense, naturally.

Then he tried to privatize Social Security, but his sales pitch was so awful that millions were saved from even more complete ruin once the Great Wall Street Crash/Bailout occurred at the end of his disastrous occupation of that office.

Oh, and he stood on the smoking ruins of 9/11 and told us all to "go shopping".

Reply to this post

Sun Apr 24, 2022, 05:42 PM

4. ✅

Reagan’s unwitting money laundering was in Central America

Reply to this post

Sun Apr 24, 2022, 06:33 PM

5. Gerald Ford -- WIN (Whip Inflation Now). Didn't work very well..

As republicans don’t really have any plans to fix anything.

Reply to this post

Sun Apr 24, 2022, 06:48 PM

6. Bush Elder had the Gulf war.

Drove a tinhorn's goons out of a country they had invaded, (Saddam in Iraq and his invasion of Kuwait) so that a different group of tinhorn corrupt dictators could go back to being in power there.

Ford had his halfassed "Whip Inflation Now" buttons supposedly to "do something" about inflation.
You got it, he didn't do anything.

Reply to this post

Sun Apr 24, 2022, 10:09 PM

7. yes

they just get worse and worse

Reply to this post

Sun Apr 24, 2022, 10:31 PM

8. The Last Decent Republican President (Eisenhower) Left Office 12 Years Before I Was Born

Ever since then, it's been a huge ball of shit rolling down a hill of shit and getting bigger and bigger as it goes.

It's been fun recently because my 16-year-old son has been learning about the Reagan/Bush years in his high school history class and I've been able to fill in some of the gaps for him. His class was surprisingly critical of Reagan (I expected them to give him the "Saint Ronnie" treatment, but they really didn't), although I did have to give him more details about what Iran-Contra was all about.

I also had fun explaining to him about how Bush installed Saddam Hussein as the leader of Iraq in order to fight our "enemies" in Iran and then decided we didn't like him later. And about how our CIA trained Osama Bin Laden to fight against HIM because we decided we didn't like him anymore. And about how he alerted Bush he was going to invade Kuwait, got Bush's OK to do it, and then had Bush declare war on him after he did it. The Iraq War started during my freshman year of college, so you can imagine the impact it had on me, having just turned 18 years old and facing the possibility that the draft would be reinstated.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread