HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Remember the end of Ameri...

Thu Oct 20, 2022, 10:47 PM

Remember the end of America post?

It was posted 3 or 4 weeks ago. The poster asked if we should give up on America. Most responders were correct in saying to not give up, as of right now, I'm in that boat.

The US is on the verge of taking 3 huge steps over a cliff. In a few weeks we vote like hell for all democrats! But, If these crazies manage to take back the house and senate, those are the first 2 steps. With that, it would be a very real possibility that donny gets back in by mass voter disenfranchisement policies by the new majorities in congress.

At that moment, if donny would win, I can honestly say, America is lost!

We need every vote for dems!

6 replies, 849 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply Remember the end of America post? (Original post)
newdayneeded Oct 2022 OP
doc03 Oct 2022 #1
Stuart G Oct 2022 #6
brush Oct 2022 #2
slightlv Oct 2022 #3
I_UndergroundPanther Oct 2022 #4
newdayneeded Oct 2022 #5

Response to newdayneeded (Original post)

Thu Oct 20, 2022, 11:18 PM

1. I am about 80% in the giving up on America thing. If we lose the House and Senate

we are finished. I am 74 I am about to just accept things are going to be f---d up and I am too old to
go to my grave worrying about it.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to doc03 (Reply #1)

Fri Oct 21, 2022, 09:16 AM

6. We will NOT lose the House or the Senate. We will win both. Just wait and see!!

Reply to this post

Thu Oct 20, 2022, 11:37 PM

2. trump will be lucky to stay out of jail. He won't get back...

in the White House.

Reply to this post

Fri Oct 21, 2022, 12:02 AM

3. I want to believe *rump will be in jail before 2024.

but as grease slides off teflon, I'm not making any bets on it. There really are two Americas. THAT is the one issue that has to be dealt with if we can keep enough democrats in office long enough. It can be done; it has been done before. But it takes bold "in your face and up yours" to the Repubs. I don't know if we have anyone Presidential material in the future who could carry it off. But I can only hope.

My only other hope is if worst comes to worst, we break American in two pieces and help people move to one reality or the other. Two countries instead of one. And build the damn wall HIGH!

Reply to this post

Fri Oct 21, 2022, 01:49 AM

4. If those 3 steps happen..

I am poor and cant afford to leave.
When the repigs cut ssi and medicaid so I cant get my meds and I become broke homeless and lose everything I have,including my cat,I will kill myself before they kill me for being transgender or ship me off to some abusive christian anti gblt reeducation labor camp and abuse/ work me to death..

Reply to this post

Response to I_UndergroundPanther (Reply #4)

Fri Oct 21, 2022, 08:34 AM

5. To be honest,

if those three steps happen every member of this site and Daily Kos will be huge targets too.

The most depressing thing I read was that latest poll showing blacks and women breaking toward gop in early voting. hopefully it's media spin, but if not.....

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread