HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Markey tags Gomez as 'jus...

Thu May 2, 2013, 06:54 PM

Markey tags Gomez as 'just another Republican'

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/senate-races/297485-markey-tags-gomez-as-just-another-republican

Rep. Edward Markey, a Democratic nominee for Senate in Massachusetts, is hammering his Republican opponent Gabriel Gomez as "just another Republican" in a new Web video.

The video highlights Gomez's ties to a nonprofit that criticized President Obama's handling of the Osama bin Laden killing, and notes that the group, the Special Operations OPSEC Education Fund, has ties to the Tea Party.

The group released a video last year that accused the president of jeopardizing national security by leaking information related to the killing.

It features news clips covering the controversial group, for which Gomez acted as spokesman, and closes with Gomez himself on the campaign trail.

"I'm a new kind of Republican," he says. The video follows with the words "not really."

Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/senate-races/297485-markey-tags-gomez-as-just-another-republican#ixzz2SBNi2Nyy
Follow us: @thehill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook

3 replies, 765 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Markey tags Gomez as 'just another Republican' (Original post)
Mass May 2013 OP
still_one May 2013 #1
smirkymonkey May 2013 #2
bluestate10 May 2013 #3

Response to Mass (Original post)

Thu May 2, 2013, 07:03 PM

1. Good for Markey you have to be aggressive

This is the DU member formerly known as still_one.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu May 2, 2013, 07:09 PM

2. I'm still voting for Markey. They are trying to make him look like an out of touch

old man, but he has very progressive values and he is on the right side of the issues. I just trust him more because he has delivered. I trust Gomez about as far as I can throw him.

Reply to this post

Thu May 2, 2013, 07:18 PM

3. Gomez was up to his eyeballs trying to Swift-boat the President. Markey absolutely must

attack Gomez and show Gomez up for the sleazy opportunist that he is. Gomez is no 'new" republican, any Massachusetts resident who falls for Gomez's lying claim is falling for fool's gold.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread