HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Does anyone else think th...

Wed Jul 31, 2013, 03:11 PM

Does anyone else think the judge in this case is getting money from the jail for each prisoner?

http://dailycaller.com/2013/06/27/texas-teen-makes-violent-joke-during-video-game-is-jailed-for-months/

A Texas teenager who has been in jail since March faces an eight-year prison sentence because of a threatening joke he made while playing an online video game.

In February, Justin Carter was playing “League of Legends” — an online, multiplayer fantasy game — when another player wrote a comment calling him insane. Carter’s response, which he now deeply regrets, was intended as joke.

“He replied ‘Oh yeah, I’m real messed up in the head, I’m going to go shoot up a school full of kids and eat their still, beating hearts,’ and the next two lines were lol and jk,” said Jack Carter, Justin’s father, in a statement to a local news channel.
==============================================

Authorities charged him with making a terrorist threat. If convicted, he will face eight years in prison.

3 replies, 928 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Does anyone else think the judge in this case is getting money from the jail for each prisoner? (Original post)
Maraya1969 Jul 2013 OP
Kelvin Mace Jul 2013 #1
City Lights Jul 2013 #2
Maraya1969 Jul 2013 #3

Response to Maraya1969 (Original post)

Wed Jul 31, 2013, 03:34 PM

1. We criminalize all sorts of behavior

except the actual violent and fraudulent kind.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Maraya1969 (Original post)

Wed Jul 31, 2013, 03:40 PM

2. I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn the judge was getting a kickback

for each warm body he sent the prison's way.

Reply to this post

Response to City Lights (Reply #2)

Wed Jul 31, 2013, 03:49 PM

3. That's what I think. The kid said something stupid but immediately followed it up by saying he was

just kidding. So some judge decides he needs to go to jail? It is completely insane to me. Seriously the judge could have given the kid community service!

I'm very suspicious of judges and prosecutors and a lot of other people lately.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread