HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » TV's Frank on the Republi...

Wed Jan 29, 2014, 09:28 AM

TV's Frank on the Republican Response:

"Cathy McMorris Rodgers' #SOTU response is the 1st step to her dropping out of a GOP presidential primary in February one day."

https://twitter.com/frankconniff

4 replies, 1077 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to FSogol (Original post)

Wed Jan 29, 2014, 10:08 AM

1. I listened to Cathy last night and noticed that what she said had little to do with the SOTU speech.

Why did I get the feeling she was talking to elementary level kids? Granted she is a Republican, but is she not used to having adults in the room? Never mind, I just realized she isn't.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to RC (Reply #1)

Wed Jan 29, 2014, 10:13 AM

2. Yeah, she managed to be both vaucous and patronizing. Here's my transcript of her speech:

"We are going to do stuff because of America. Because of people. Because of people like you and me! Because of freedumb.
Oh yeah, the poor are just like a kid with an extra 21st chromosome: challenged! I worked at McDonalds!
I put my hand on a Bible! God Bless everyone!"

Reply to this post

Response to FSogol (Reply #2)

Wed Jan 29, 2014, 10:35 AM

3. She and Ileana Ros- Lehtinen gave the exact same speech!

But are we still drunk, or is it pretty fucking weird that the two women gave the same speech, with just the personal anecdotes changed? Are we getting our feminist knickers in a feminist twist over nothing, or would two men not be expected to interchangeably mouth their platitudes without even a pretense that those were their own thoughts and words? Here, Fox, please splainer:

Ros-Lehtinen spokesman Keith Fernandez said Monday that the Florida congresswoman was working on translating McMorris Rodgers’ planned speech and that the Spanish version would be essentially the same content as its English companion, with personal anecdotes or references changed.

http://wonkette.com/540664/gop-hopes-you-wont-notice-their-two-little-ladies-made-the-exact-same-speech

Reply to this post

Response to octoberlib (Reply #3)

Wed Jan 29, 2014, 10:43 AM

4. I wish I had watched the spanish version: "Trabajé en McDonalds!"

Don't know how to translate "Freedumb"

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread