HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Chris Hedges Part I: Cris...

Sat Feb 8, 2014, 09:41 AM

Chris Hedges Part I: Crisis Cults and the Collapse of Industrial Civilization

Published on Feb 6, 2014

Abby Martin features an exclusive interview with Pulitzer Prize winning journalist Chris Hedges, concerning areas of extreme poverty that he refers to as 'sacrifice zones', as well as the reasons behind the collapse of complex societies.

2 replies, 712 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Chris Hedges Part I: Crisis Cults and the Collapse of Industrial Civilization (Original post)
marmar Feb 2014 OP
BelgianMadCow Feb 2014 #1
Armstead Feb 2014 #2

Response to marmar (Original post)

Sat Feb 8, 2014, 09:45 AM

1. logged in to rec

I posted it in the media forum as well, but that's a longer segment including Sawant.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to marmar (Original post)

Sat Feb 8, 2014, 09:52 AM

2. Chris Hedges is one of the most depressing people on the planet

I can't totally disagree with his analysis of the state of things, but whenever I've listened to him I want to crawl into bed and pull the covers over my head.

The truth often hurts, but he seems to wallow in dead-end "Abandon All Hope" bleakness that removes incentives to improve things.

I prefer people like Katrina VanDenheuval (spelling?), William Greider et. al, who are equally honest and angry, but put it in a somewhat more positive "let's do something about this" framework.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread