HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Cardinal Dolan Praises Ho...

Tue Apr 22, 2014, 01:46 PM

Cardinal Dolan Praises Hobby Lobby, Says Women Can Just Go to 7-Eleven for Access to Health Care

These people who are up in arms over the fact that laws now require health care plans to offer contraceptive coverage just don’t get it. Sure, some of that coverage will be used to prevent unplanned pregnancies that result from sexual activity. But in their obsession over the sex lives of strangers, these people willfully fail to understand that millions of women use birth control for health reasons, as prescribed by a doctor – not because they’re necessarily sexually active.

For me, it all goes back to the ignorance these people show toward science. It’s not about facts, science or health, it’s about their rhetoric and what they want to believe over what reality actually tells us.

It’s a belief that Cardinal Dolan proudly showed off as he boasted about the efforts by Hobby Lobby to deny women basic health coverage while insisting that women could simply go to 7-Eleven to get contraceptives.

Dolan said:

“I would be inspired by the Hobby Lobby. I think they’re just true Americans. They’re saying, look, the genius of America is that religious convictions affect the way we act.

Is the ability to buy contraceptives, that are now widely available, my Lord, all you have to do is walk into a 7-Eleven or any shop on any street in America and have access to them. Is that right to access those and have them paid for, is that such a towering good that it would suffocate the rights of conscience?”

See more at: http://www.forwardprogressives.com/cardinal-dolan-praises-hobby-lobby-say-women-can-just-go-7-eleven-access-health-care/#sthash.oc9QSoXN.dpuf

10 replies, 786 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 10 replies Author Time Post
Reply Cardinal Dolan Praises Hobby Lobby, Says Women Can Just Go to 7-Eleven for Access to Health Care (Original post)
TexasTowelie Apr 2014 OP
jberryhill Apr 2014 #1
Blue Owl Apr 2014 #2
Initech Apr 2014 #5
MohRokTah Apr 2014 #3
CBGLuthier Apr 2014 #4
Amaril Apr 2014 #6
Gothmog Apr 2014 #7
Skittles Apr 2014 #8
Vashta Nerada Apr 2014 #9
etherealtruth Apr 2014 #10

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Tue Apr 22, 2014, 01:48 PM

1. What ARE they putting in the Slurpees?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Tue Apr 22, 2014, 01:49 PM

2. Cardinal Dolan: Oh Thank Heaven for 7-11

n/t

Reply to this post

Response to Blue Owl (Reply #2)

Tue Apr 22, 2014, 02:42 PM

5. Literally in this case!

Reply to this post

Tue Apr 22, 2014, 01:50 PM

3. Cardinal Dolan is a douchebag. eom

Reply to this post

Tue Apr 22, 2014, 02:04 PM

4. Every time I hear about one of those sexless freaks speak about people's sex lives

it makes me want to scream. WTF does this asshole know about sex. He thinks fucking condoms are all one needs for BC. Idiot freak.

Reply to this post

Response to CBGLuthier (Reply #4)

Tue Apr 22, 2014, 02:47 PM

6. Only for godless heathens.........

.......who are already consigned to Hell. For the faithful -- who want to have any chance of getting into HIS version of Heaven -- it's still the rhythm method, I'm afraid.

Reply to this post

Tue Apr 22, 2014, 04:40 PM

7. Rachel did a good job debunking this crap last night

Rachel debunk this lie http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/22/rachel-maddow-hobby-lobby-birth-control_n_5190842.html?utm_hp_ref=politics&ir=Politics

Rachel Maddow had a blast debunking some of the myths surrounding top news stories during her show Monday night.

She began with the Hobby Lobby Supreme Court case, where the Christian-owned crafts supply chain is fighting a provision of the Affordable Care Act which requires most employers to cover contraception in their health plans. Hobby Lobby owners are against emergency contraception and IUDs, seeing them as forms of abortion, and argue that the law is a violation of the company's religious freedom.

Maddow's beef was with New York Cardinal Timothy Dolan, who recently said in an interview on CBS' 'Face The Nation' that he supports Hobby Lobby because of how "widely available" contraception is today. Cardinal Dolan said that you can simply "walk into a 7-Eleven or any shop on any street in America" and access birth control.

It took Maddow all of about 30 seconds to prove the Cardinal so, incredibly wrong.

Reply to this post

Tue Apr 22, 2014, 04:43 PM

8. I'm not Jewish but

I am hijacking OY VEY

Reply to this post

Tue Apr 22, 2014, 04:44 PM

9. Shows you how out of touch the religionistas are in this country.

Reply to this post

Response to Vashta Nerada (Reply #9)

Tue Apr 22, 2014, 04:55 PM

10. In most every country

To quote a long gone DU'er: Religiously insane

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread