HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » My Pro-choice friends...c...

Wed Dec 17, 2014, 05:32 PM

My Pro-choice friends...come to Texas Monthly and fight the stupid

http://www.texasmonthly.com/stand-desk/and-bum-steer-year

Re: wendy Davis as winning the bum steer award. We are having a lively abortion debate...essentially women against men. I need some men and women to have my back with facts

4 replies, 765 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply My Pro-choice friends...come to Texas Monthly and fight the stupid (Original post)
w8liftinglady Dec 2014 OP
NoJusticeNoPeace Dec 2014 #1
Dont call me Shirley Dec 2014 #2
Downwinder Dec 2014 #3
w8liftinglady Dec 2014 #4

Response to w8liftinglady (Original post)

Wed Dec 17, 2014, 05:41 PM

1. I am kicking some dumbshit rightwing ass for you

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed Dec 17, 2014, 05:42 PM

2. Fact: unwanted children often abused and neglected, often fail to bond with mother

https://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/journals/2722895.html

"Of 1,327 children younger than two in 1986 whose mothers were participants in the National Longitudinal Survey of Youth, 61% were wanted, 34% were mistimed and 5% were unwanted. Planning status is associated with the level of developmental resources the child receives at home: At ages one and older, mistimed and unwanted children score significantly lower on a scale measuring opportunity for skill development and on a scale measuring nonauthoritarian parenting style than their wanted peers; by preschool age, they also have significantly less-positive relationships with their mothers. Measures of the direct effects of planning status on development also indicate that mistimed and unwanted children are at a disadvantage: Those younger than two have higher mean scores for fearfulness than wanted infants and lower scores for positive affect; unintended preschoolers score lower on a measure of receptive vocabulary."

"Other research has revealed that unwantedness contributed to the likelihood of abuse or neglect; 20 one prospective study found that two of the 20 early warning signs of child abuse pertain to unwantedness. 21"

Reply to this post

Wed Dec 17, 2014, 06:24 PM

3. Can we nominate Texas Monthly for the "bum steer award"?

Reply to this post

Response to Downwinder (Reply #3)

Wed Dec 17, 2014, 07:04 PM

4. LOL...because it is such a left-wing rag?

according to my peers

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread