HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Looks like they're going ...

Tue Jan 13, 2015, 02:36 PM

Looks like they're going to go ahead with execution of Deputy Dinkheller's killer.

Can't say I'm bothered by it, honestly.

As a veteran, I hate when PTSD is used to validate everything from being an asshole to murder. Shit like this only hurts vets and creates falsehoods surrounding issues such as PTSD.

I've seen a lot of messed up stuff in my time, but the dashcam from Dinkheller's car has to be one of the most gut-wrenching, sickening things I've ever seen. I don't wish to see it again. It's on YouTube if you care to search for it.

http://www.militarytimes.com/story/veterans/2015/01/13/vietnam-veteran-execution-ptsd-deputy-murder/21688717/

6 replies, 1186 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply Looks like they're going to go ahead with execution of Deputy Dinkheller's killer. (Original post)
linuxman Jan 2015 OP
Nye Bevan Jan 2015 #1
Brickbat Jan 2015 #2
GeorgeGist Jan 2015 #3
kcr Jan 2015 #4
uppityperson Jan 2015 #5
bluesbassman Jan 2015 #6

Response to linuxman (Original post)

Tue Jan 13, 2015, 03:54 PM

1. Every execution bothers me.

And when folks on a progressive discussion board support executions, that also bothers me.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Tue Jan 13, 2015, 03:58 PM

2. What, in your opinion, should PTSD be used for?

Reply to this post

Tue Jan 13, 2015, 04:11 PM

3. Your concern is noted ...

He (Brannan) had been rated 100% disabled by the Department of Veterans Affairs and had no prior criminal history.

Reply to this post

Tue Jan 13, 2015, 04:55 PM

4. Creates falsehoods? Holding mentally ill people responsible for their crimes an executing them

is vile. The argument isn't that it validates being an asshole or a murderer. Your contention that people who are mentally ill are as equally culpable as people who aren't is beyond damaging. The fact this is a veteran makes this even more stomach turning. Yes, let's send them off to war, damage them and then punish them for it. We are a sick, cruel society.

Reply to this post

Tue Jan 13, 2015, 05:33 PM

5. how does this create falsehoods about PTSD?

Reply to this post

Tue Jan 13, 2015, 05:43 PM

6. As a veteran, I'm hate to see two more lives wasted due to service in Viet Nam.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread