HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » ISIS executioner 'Jihadi ...

Thu Feb 26, 2015, 12:56 PM

ISIS executioner 'Jihadi John' unmasked as Londoner

The masked Islamic State militant known as "Jihadi John", who has been pictured in the videos of the beheadings of Western hostages, has been named.

He is Mohammed Emwazi, a Kuwaiti-born British man in his mid-20s from west London, who was previously known to British security services.

British police declined to comment, citing ongoing investigations.

Emwazi first appeared in a video last August, when he apparently killed the US journalist James Foley.

He was later thought to have been pictured in the videos of the beheadings of US journalist Steven Sotloff, British aid worker David Haines, British taxi driver Alan Henning, and American aid worker Abdul-Rahman Kassig, also known as Peter.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10026282088

Not the first time, either. I believe some of the last group of crazed killer dogs the media inundated us with also turned out to have American or british accents. why can't they get locals?

3 replies, 931 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply ISIS executioner 'Jihadi John' unmasked as Londoner (Original post)
ND-Dem Feb 2015 OP
CJCRANE Feb 2015 #1
arcane1 Feb 2015 #2
ND-Dem Feb 2015 #3

Response to ND-Dem (Original post)

Thu Feb 26, 2015, 01:01 PM

1. He hasn't literally been "unmasked" as far as I can tell.

I haven't seen any photos of him without the mask so far.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to ND-Dem (Original post)

Thu Feb 26, 2015, 01:54 PM

2. Remember those two British solders who were caught dressed as Arabs in Basra?

Tensions were already high in Basra on Monday morning following the detention on Sunday of a senior figure in the Shia Mehdi Army, suspected of being behind a series of attacks on British troops.

Then two British soldiers, reportedly dressed as Arabs and driving a civilian car, attracted the notice of police at a checkpoint.

According to the Iraqi authorities they refused to stop, instead allegedly firing at the officers, killing one and wounding another. This has not been confirmed by the Ministry of Defence.

After allegedly declining to reveal their mission, the men were arrested and taken to the main Basra police station.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4263648.stm

Reply to this post

Response to arcane1 (Reply #2)

Thu Feb 26, 2015, 02:20 PM

3. yes, and i remember some other jihadi executioners from some other group being british or

American too. I just can't remember which group -- there have been so many, one gets confused.

lots of sneaky stuff going on, one gets the impression.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread