HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Planned Parenthood shooti...

Sun Nov 29, 2015, 12:53 AM

Planned Parenthood shootings increasingly seem politically motivated

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_29177331/colorado-springs-picks-itself-up-after-planned-parenthood

COLORADO SPRINGS — As authorities continue to search for the motive behind the deadly shootings Friday at a Planned Parenthood branch, signs increasingly indicate it was a political act.

Colorado Springs police on Saturday would not speculate about a motive for the shootings, but a law enforcement official said the suspect in the rampage made a comment about "no more baby parts" after his arrest.

The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak publicly about the case, could not elaborate about the comment.

Planned Parenthood said in a statement Saturday that witnesses said the gunman was motivated by his opposition to abortion.

Court records in the case, which officials say shed light on the basis of the attacks, have been sealed, and a police spokeswoman said she could not talk about the information in them.

(end snip)

8 replies, 1322 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 8 replies Author Time Post
Reply Planned Parenthood shootings increasingly seem politically motivated (Original post)
deminks Nov 2015 OP
rocktivity Nov 2015 #1
Downwinder Nov 2015 #2
valerief Nov 2015 #3
Nevernose Nov 2015 #7
valerief Nov 2015 #8
KT2000 Nov 2015 #4
barbtries Nov 2015 #5
DallasNE Nov 2015 #6

Response to deminks (Original post)

Sun Nov 29, 2015, 12:58 AM

1. Candidate for this year's "You Call This NEWS?" Award

I'm sure they'll get around to finding a motive as soon as find one for the South Carolina church shooter.

rocktivity

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sun Nov 29, 2015, 01:03 AM

2. If they are politically motivated, that is the definition of terrorism.

Reply to this post

Sun Nov 29, 2015, 01:18 AM

3. "baby parts" and "Obama"

But the sources stressed that Dear said many things to law enforcement and the extent to which the "baby parts" remark played into any decision to target the Planned Parenthood office was not yet clear. He also mentioned President Barack Obama in statements.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/planned-parenthood-shooting-suspect-made-comment-about-no-more-baby-n470706

Reply to this post

Response to valerief (Reply #3)

Sun Nov 29, 2015, 04:01 AM

7. And a Republican (at least in spirit)

“We went into the house, a real shit-hole, and within a few minutes he just gave us these pamphlets and said, ‘Hey, if you ever want to talk, take a look at this stuff,’” said Post. The pamphlets, he remembers, called for President Obama’s impeachment and had “all sorts of crap against Obama.”

“I just thought it was weird that he would throw this political shit at me within a couple minutes of coming into his door,” said Post. “I didn’t keep them or anything, I think I threw them into the fire that night.”

http://www.buzzfeed.com/sheerafrenkel/robert-dear-suspected-colorado-shooter-was-a-loner-who-never#.hnKLnkew29

Reply to this post

Response to Nevernose (Reply #7)

Sun Nov 29, 2015, 01:06 PM

8. He was a loner who lived with a woman (but I thought loners lived alone), he

he was a hate radio fan (per his pamphlets and conversation), and he was shooting people in/from Planned Parenthood.

Whatever could his motive be?

Thanks for the link.

Reply to this post

Sun Nov 29, 2015, 03:49 AM

4. are they kidding with this?

what else would it be - entertainment??

Reply to this post

Sun Nov 29, 2015, 03:52 AM

5. so he is in fact a member

of the so-called "pro-life" crowd.

which by the way is a misnomer anyway. i am pro-life and pro-choice - anti-abortionists are just that. not pro anything, anti-choice, anti-abortion.

Reply to this post

Sun Nov 29, 2015, 03:56 AM

6. I Would Change The Headline To "Politically Inspired"

The shooter clearly has followed the doctored video of Planned Parenthood and was inspired by the false narrative in that video, even quoting from it.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread