HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » More good, responsible op...

Mon Dec 7, 2015, 08:18 AM

More good, responsible open carry gun ownership and use - only two killed, including child

ARLINGTON, TX — You know it had to happen sooner or later: A member of Open Carry Texas just murdered some half of her family. Do you feel a bit of that kind of warm glow of comforting smug? A bit of the old and golden “I told you so” schadenfreude flowing through the veins like intellectual and moral heroin? It’s okay…you’re allowed it. Feel better? And now…that moment is passed. Because an innocent girl is dead, brutally murdered at the hands of her psychotic, gun-fetishizing stepmother.

Ain't gundamentalism just grand?

3 replies, 788 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply More good, responsible open carry gun ownership and use - only two killed, including child (Original post)
Feeling the Bern Dec 2015 OP
ScreamingMeemie Dec 2015 #1
TexasProgresive Dec 2015 #2
ScreamingMeemie Dec 2015 #3

Response to Feeling the Bern (Original post)

Mon Dec 7, 2015, 08:25 AM

1. This happened last year.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/headlines/20141210-woman-charged-with-capital-murder-after-two-found-dead-in-arlington-home.ece

Also, the "child" was 20. **Disclaimer: The story is still awful, but my fair state is full of far more recent gut-twisting stories of idiotic "good guys with guns."

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to ScreamingMeemie (Reply #1)

Mon Dec 7, 2015, 08:28 AM

2. Does that make it any less heinous?

Reply to this post

Response to TexasProgresive (Reply #2)

Mon Dec 7, 2015, 08:31 AM

3. Did I say it did????

Let's be honest, you live in this state too. We can find a crazy gun owner news story dated within the last 24 hours if we open the paper this morning.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread