HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Middle class

Wed Dec 30, 2015, 10:31 PM

Middle class

Okay 250K a year wins. You know who in the federal government is not middle class? The President and the Chief Justice of the US Supreme Court. Middle class? Every Senator and Congressman. The Speaker of the House. Associate Justices of the Supreme Court. The Vice President of the United States.

All them people is just like me and my little old social security check. Thank the fuckin' Gentle Jesus that me'n my homies will never pay a nickle more in taxes cuz "Freedom!"....

Supporting the idea that 250K is middle class is bullshit.

2 replies, 993 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Middle class (Original post)
catnhatnh Dec 2015 OP
awake Dec 2015 #1
My Good Babushka Dec 2015 #2

Response to catnhatnh (Original post)

Wed Dec 30, 2015, 10:58 PM

1. I am not sure the idea is that making 250K a year is middle class

I could be wrong but as I understand it 250K a year is clearly rich so there would be little issue raising Taxes on every dollar over $250k

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to catnhatnh (Original post)

Thu Dec 31, 2015, 07:38 AM

2. Upper Middle Class Bourgeoisie

They sorta want to fight inequality, as long as they don't get their hair mussed.

There would be no contest this election cycle if it weren't for the fact that half of workers have seen no improvement in their lot since the market collapse. Many have lost their home and are now paying exorbitant rents, their wages are still falling. A lot of these people don't know what they have to vote for by staying with the traditional democratic party. The party may continue to fracture. Who knows?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread