HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » I cant believe he is gone...

Fri Apr 22, 2016, 07:02 PM

I cant believe he is gone...dammit

http://time.com/4304420/prince-dead-michael-jackson-james-brown-stage-concert-1983-watch-video/

2 replies, 689 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply I cant believe he is gone...dammit (Original post)
Jackie Wilson Said Apr 2016 OP
hlthe2b Apr 2016 #1
nadine_mn Apr 2016 #2

Response to Jackie Wilson Said (Original post)

Fri Apr 22, 2016, 07:13 PM

1. Me too... THis one hit me hard....

Seems all the most talented musicians from my youth and young adulthood are leaving us... this year particularly.

I'm really sad about this one, because Prince,(from all appearances and reporting) was one of the really genuine "good" guys--helping other musicians out, remaining true to his home town, and being a sincerely kind man. Not to mention how damned talented he was.

That video of James Brown, Michael Jackson and Prince only drives home how much talent we have lost in recent years--and particularly among African American performers. sigh....

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Jackie Wilson Said (Original post)

Fri Apr 22, 2016, 10:58 PM

2. I am still shock - he seemed immortal

Seriously - no way he could be made of the same star stuff the rest of are. So much talent jammed packed into one person.

I never understood how people could be so gutted by the loss of an artist until now. The world seems a little less bright without him.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread