HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » ISIS sympathizing teen tw...

Wed May 18, 2016, 06:02 PM

ISIS sympathizing teen tweeted names and adresses of ~100 US service members, encouraging murder

http://www.militarytimes.com/story/military/crime/2016/05/18/feds-teenager-tweeted-names-addresses-service-members/84552406/

HARRISBURG, Pa. Federal authorities say a Pennsylvania teenager already accused of trying to assist the Islamic State group also tweeted out the names and addresses of military personnel with threats of violence.

Harrisburg resident Jalil Ibn Ameer Aziz was charged Wednesday in a superseding federal indictment with solicitation to commit a crime of violence and transmitting a communication containing a threat to injure.

AIR FORCE TIMES
ISIS-linked hackers claim to release personal information of U.S. drone pilots

Prosecutors allege he tweeted the names, addresses, photographs and military branches of approximately 100 service members with statements such as "kill them in their own lands, behead them in their own homes, stab them to death as they walk their street thinking that they are safe."
Assistant federal public defender Thomas Thornton says the charges involve "a 19-year-old kid tweeting and retweeting" from his bedroom.

2 replies, 1444 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply ISIS sympathizing teen tweeted names and adresses of ~100 US service members, encouraging murder (Original post)
linuxman May 2016 OP
6chars May 2016 #1
Shandris May 2016 #2

Response to linuxman (Original post)

Wed May 18, 2016, 06:13 PM

1. uh oh

they put his name in the article.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to linuxman (Original post)

Wed May 18, 2016, 06:34 PM

2. What always strikes me as odd about these sayings...

...is the whole 'kill them when they're walking thinking they're safe'. Is there any woman, anywhere on this site, who feels safe when out for any reason? Is there any MAN who feels safe?! I mean, I keep hearing it. It just doesn't match my life experiences at all.

I guess I don't understand the mindset. Maybe I'm just paranoid. No doubt enough people have thought it of me, and I'll just bet they're gangstalking me now!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread