HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Women slam rape victim bl...

Sun Jun 12, 2016, 07:05 AM

Women slam rape victim blaming with video about fake male murder victim... | James is Dead

Source: Raw Story

What if people blamed murder victims for the crimes committed against them the way they tend to blame rape victims?

A YouTube video posted by Blue Seat Studios examines that very question. The video, entitled, James is Dead, shows two cartoon women talking about the murder of the fictional character, James, at a college party.

I mean, what was he wearing though? one woman asks. I mean, you know how he wears those V-neck t-shirts? Im just saying, if you dont want to get stabbed in the neck, consider wearing a turtleneck sweater or something.

The video comes while the case of Stanford swimer Brock Turner has made headlines. Turner was convicted of sexually assaulting a woman behind a dumpster. Outrage over his lenient sentence of 6 months in jail has caused the story to go viral.

More: http://www.rawstory.com/2016/06/women-slam-rape-victim-blaming-with-video-about-fake-male-murder-victim-what-was-he-wearing-though/

3 replies, 740 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Women slam rape victim blaming with video about fake male murder victim... | James is Dead (Original post)
demmiblue Jun 2016 OP
Ilsa Jun 2016 #1
demmiblue Jun 2016 #2
Mendocino Jun 2016 #3

Response to demmiblue (Original post)

Sun Jun 12, 2016, 08:19 AM

1. I'll be sharing this one a lot. nt

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Ilsa (Reply #1)

Thu Jun 16, 2016, 11:52 AM

2. It really cuts to the chase, doesn't it? n/t

Reply to this post

Response to demmiblue (Original post)

Thu Jun 16, 2016, 12:01 PM

3. Was this a legitimate murder?

You know the male body can shut that sort of thing down.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread