HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Did anyone else see the d...

Sun Jun 12, 2016, 11:23 AM

Did anyone else see the distraught mom on ABC just now?

Did anyone else see the mom, who was crying--telling her story about not yet hearing from her son who was in the club? George Stephanopolis interviewed her.

She cried through the entire interview but was so articulate. She was able to talk about her son, who started a Gay/Straight Alliance at his school and was given a humanitarian award.

She was heartbroken, tears were flowing and she pleaded for our country to do something about assault weapons and to stop the hate. She's still looking for her son and hoping--and obviously in shock.

I'm sorry I don't remember her name or her son's name. I sobbed through the entire interview.

4 replies, 885 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Did anyone else see the distraught mom on ABC just now? (Original post)
CoffeeCat Jun 2016 OP
CincyDem Jun 2016 #1
CoffeeCat Jun 2016 #2
ScreamingMeemie Jun 2016 #3
Person 2713 Jun 2016 #4

Response to CoffeeCat (Original post)

Sun Jun 12, 2016, 11:30 AM

1. Unfortunately...she will be forgotten tomorrow.

What will be remembered from this incident is that we, as a country, are more committed to our guns than we are to our lives.

We keep hoping that this one will be the one that tips the scales in favor of some rational approach to gun control. Within days, we're left hoping that the next one will be the one that tips the scales - because there is always a "next one".

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to CincyDem (Reply #1)

Sun Jun 12, 2016, 11:34 AM

2. I hope that's not the case

Her words and emotions were incredibly powerful.

Her testimony was the most impactful that I have seen of any mass-shooting.

Reply to this post

Sun Jun 12, 2016, 11:39 AM

3. Me too... My dad called me, crying, too.

My daughter did not respond to my texts until 9:30. I can't imagine where my mind would be if I was still waiting.

That woman was so very eloquent.

Reply to this post

Sun Jun 12, 2016, 11:51 AM

4. That was heartbreaking and it sounded like her last call was regarding her going into surgery....

Her asking that everybody please get along stop hate, as we are only here on earth a short time I am paraphrasing but it was so sad and can't remember the exact words as I am still processing the whole tragic event. If she allows it, that needs to be shown again.
This is what we wake up to on a Sunday morning.
The Voice singer shot in Orlando the night before.
Just so much violence . 50 people + !!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread