HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » BREAKING: Donald Trump Av...

Sun Aug 21, 2016, 04:54 AM

BREAKING: Donald Trump Avoids Imploding For Two Days!

Here's the front page of the LA Times this morning. I have to say I'm impressed. Donald Trump gets a huge headline in the lead spot for spending—what? Two days? Maybe three? Anyway, two or three days without doing anything egregiously idiotic. It's like the way we lavish praise on a two-year-old for not throwing his food all over the kitchen.

According to the story itself, Trump gave a good speech! He ran some TV ads! He visited Baton Rouge for 49 seconds! The first was plainly aimed at his white base, not at the African-Americans it was putatively meant for. The second is the bare minimum that any presidential campaign is expected to do. And the third was transparent hucksterism. Still, he managed to avoid imploding the entire time. Good boy, Donald!

<snip>

http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2016/08/breaking-donald-trump-avoids-imploding-two-days

3 replies, 1072 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply BREAKING: Donald Trump Avoids Imploding For Two Days! (Original post)
cali Aug 2016 OP
jberryhill Aug 2016 #1
pressbox69 Aug 2016 #2
jcgoldie Aug 2016 #3

Response to cali (Original post)

Sun Aug 21, 2016, 10:26 AM

1. Ah, two days, well, clearly he's turned this whole thing around

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sun Aug 21, 2016, 10:39 AM

2. Mother of Mercy

Is this the end of Donny?

Reply to this post

Sun Aug 21, 2016, 10:58 AM

3. Right

Just watched Reince Preibus talking to John Dickerson, he claims Trump's been rolling clean for 10 days. I told my wife uhmm wasn't it just like 3 days ago he accused the President of creating ISIS and told black people that it doesn't really matter who they vote for because their lives suck so much?

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread