HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » 2016 White House Christma...

Tue Dec 20, 2016, 06:37 AM

2016 White House Christmas Decorations: The Gift of the Holidays

The White House is beautifully decorated for the holiday season each year. The First Lady hosts military families to the White House to first view the holiday decorations. The theme for 2016 is The Gift of the Holidays, reflects on not only the joy of giving and receiving, but also the true gifts of life, such as service, friends and family, education, and good health. Throughout the White House there are 62 trees and over 70,000 ornaments

There are some lovely shots of the various rooms here

http://dc.about.com/od/christmasphotos/ss/ChristWhiteHous.htm?utm_campaign=kw_travel_74&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=con&utm_content=3767&kwp_0=260223&kwp_4=1094090&kwp_1=507870

Who knows? This could be the last time the White House will be decorated for Christmas. Ivanka--who is supposed to
be taking over the duties of First Lady--is Jewish. Will she oversee decorating for Christmas?

2 replies, 1511 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply 2016 White House Christmas Decorations: The Gift of the Holidays (Original post)
mnhtnbb Dec 2016 OP
riversedge Dec 2016 #1
mnhtnbb Dec 2016 #2

Response to mnhtnbb (Original post)

Tue Dec 20, 2016, 06:47 AM

1. Love the WH Gingerbread House.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to riversedge (Reply #1)

Tue Dec 20, 2016, 06:49 AM

2. I do, too. Wanted to embed that photo but

I can't find a way to copy it.