HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Pre-existing conditions--...

Fri May 5, 2017, 08:21 PM

Pre-existing conditions-- As a 42 year insurance agent...................

During my career before retirement I learned it was almost impossible to get insurance for age 50+. If they had 2 prescriptions or 1 plus slightly overweight they were extreme risk. A client I had lost his coverage (before ACA). He was age 53. 6'2' AND WEIGHED 245LBS. He wanted health insurance with a $10,000 deductible. He took one prescription for cholesterol. No company would insure him. His wife came out of retirement to teach until he was 65.

3 replies, 3660 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Pre-existing conditions-- As a 42 year insurance agent................... (Original post)
MRDAWG May 2017 OP
WhiteTara May 2017 #1
Wellstone ruled May 2017 #2
babylonsister May 2017 #3

Response to MRDAWG (Original post)

Fri May 5, 2017, 08:49 PM

1. I'm grateful for medicare!

Welcome to DU!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to MRDAWG (Original post)

Fri May 5, 2017, 08:51 PM

2. Similiar story in 2004 .

At age 62 and having only reliable Eye sight in one eye,there was zero Insurance Companies serving in the State we lived in,that would give me coverage. Had to keep our COBRA at 3600 hundred per month. And that sucker had a 5k deducible. Latter about two years,needed to go the the local ER to get a gash sewed up,we don't except United Health Care at this Hospital. 60 +K peeed away on that idea.

Reply to this post

Response to Wellstone ruled (Reply #2)

Fri May 5, 2017, 09:03 PM

3. Whoa. Just terrible, and that's

what we might be going back to. I have to stay positive and hope cooler heads will prevail.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread