HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Tillerson: Trump told Rus...

Sun May 21, 2017, 12:56 PM

Tillerson: Trump told Russians about Comey to show he's not distracted

Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said Sunday that President Trump discussed the firing for former FBI Director James Comey with top Russian diplomats because he wanted to show them he is not distracted by events in Washington.

“So I think the point he was making is, ‘I’m not going to be distracted by those things here at home or let them get in the way of important work of engaging Russia to see what can be done to improve this relationship,’” Tillerson told host Chris Wallace on “Fox News Sunday.”

The New York Times broke the news Friday that Trump told Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov and Russian Ambassador Sergei Kislyak that he fired Comey to take “off” some of the pressure.

“I just fired the head of the FBI. He was crazy, a real nut job. I faced great pressure because of Russia. That’s taken off,” Trump reportedly said.

The president’s reported comments have led many to question what kind of pressure Comey’s firing aimed to alleviate.

Tillerson also said Trump stressed that the U.S. relationship with Moscow has hit an all-time low.

http://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/334438-tillerson-trump-told-russians-about-comey-to-show-hes-not?rnd=149537380

And Tillerson has a half a trillion reasons to want to improve U.S. Russia relations.

9 replies, 3877 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 9 replies Author Time Post
Reply Tillerson: Trump told Russians about Comey to show he's not distracted (Original post)
Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin May 2017 OP
uponit7771 May 2017 #1
bettyellen May 2017 #2
Freethinker65 May 2017 #3
NCjack May 2017 #4
Corgigal May 2017 #5
L. Coyote May 2017 #6
muriel_volestrangler May 2017 #7
Control-Z May 2017 #8
spanone May 2017 #9

Response to Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin (Original post)

Sun May 21, 2017, 12:57 PM

1. So they're not denying this one either ?!?!?! OMFG !!! It's like they're telling America to our face

... that they don't give a fuck and Russia is going to rule !!!

Fuck them

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to uponit7771 (Reply #1)

Sun May 21, 2017, 01:00 PM

2. It's bizarre that Russia will deny it for him but he can't. Sowing chaos...

Reply to this post

Sun May 21, 2017, 01:02 PM

3. So how many explanations have been given so far?

He should have just said "sorry. I fucked up. Shit happens. I will not do it again. Nbd. No harm done. Learned my lesson. God bless America". Still would have been a lie, but less unbelievable.

Reply to this post

Sun May 21, 2017, 01:50 PM

4. The Russians had the task to evaluate the mental state of Trump

and make report to Putin. Trump had to show them that he is alert and making good decisions for Pootie.

Reply to this post

Sun May 21, 2017, 01:55 PM

5. How rich does a old white guy

have to be, to not be a lapdog for Trump? I guess for some people, money buys everything even your character. Unless he too is being blackmailed, this crap is too creepy for non greed based adults.

Greed isn't a virtue idiots. It's a failing.

Reply to this post

Sun May 21, 2017, 01:58 PM

6. Trump is sooo distracted by #TrumpRussia, he tells Russians about his #TrumpRussia obstuction felony

There, fixed it. Trump was saying (reading between the lines), "Damn it, see what fake news has done to me, driven me to commit felonies."

Reply to this post

Sun May 21, 2017, 01:59 PM

7. So Trump has made the US-Moscow relationship worse than the Cuba Missile crisis?

Wow, Tillerson really is slagging off the team he's part of.

Reply to this post

Sun May 21, 2017, 01:59 PM

8. Doesn't it make you wonder

that Tillerson is almost completely ignored when it comes to the Russia/maggot investigations? He has been treated like a qualified, reasonable, professional on the limited occasion that he is even
seen or heard from.

He would be my number one suspect/colluder/person of interest, after the maggot himself. No one has closer ties to, or bigger rea$ons to be working with, Putin.

Reply to this post

Sun May 21, 2017, 02:00 PM

9. bull & shit.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread