HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Twitter co-founder: Im so...

Sun May 21, 2017, 05:53 PM

Twitter co-founder: Im sorry

By Avi Selk
May 21 at 2:52 PM

... “Without the tweets, I wouldn't be here,” <Trump> told the Financial Times last month ...

Evan Williams, who still sits on the company's board of directors, recently told the New York Times that he wants to repair the damage he thinks Twitter and the broader Internet have wrought on society in the form of trolls, cyberbullies, live-streamed violence, fake news and — yes — Trump.

“I thought once everybody could speak freely and exchange information and ideas, the world is automatically going to be a better place,” Williams told the Times. “I was wrong about that.”

“If it’s true that he wouldn’t be president if it weren’t for Twitter, then yeah, I’m sorry,” he said ...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2017/05/21/twitter-co-founder-im-sorry-if-we-made-trumps-presidency-possible/?utm_term=.d99bb329bebe

3 replies, 3781 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Twitter co-founder: Im sorry (Original post)
struggle4progress May 2017 OP
madaboutharry May 2017 #1
BigmanPigman May 2017 #3
Buns_of_Fire May 2017 #2

Response to struggle4progress (Original post)

Sun May 21, 2017, 06:04 PM

1. It wasn't twitter.

The world has much horrendous history behind it, all of it occurred without Twitter.

Twitter just has made it louder.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to madaboutharry (Reply #1)

Sun May 21, 2017, 06:20 PM

3. And faster.

Reply to this post

Response to struggle4progress (Original post)

Sun May 21, 2017, 06:12 PM

2. It's a tool. Nothing more, nothing less.

I can't blame the inventor of the screwdriver because some people thought it would also make a dandy way of stabbing people.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread