HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Trump's latest post-Londo...

Fri Sep 15, 2017, 11:56 AM

Trump's latest post-London tweet storm didn't wait for the facts

Washington (CNN)Even as British police were still sorting out exactly what had happened in the London Underground on Friday morning, President Donald Trump was using the incident to prove a point.

"Another attack in London by a loser terrorist." he tweeted. "These are sick and demented people who were in the sights of Scotland Yard. Must be proactive!" Added Trump: "The travel ban into the United States should be far larger, tougher and more specific-but stupidly, that would not be politically correct!"

The travel ban, of course, is Trump's executive order aimed at blocking people from six majority-Muslim countries from entering the United States, a necessary step in combating terrorism, according to the President. But, at least in the early stages of this London investigation, there is no evidence to suggest where the attackers hailed from or what their motives were. All we know, according to British police, is that it is being investigated as a terrorist incident.

Asked about Trump's tweet that the London tube attack was perpetrated by people known to the security services, British Prime Minister Theresa May said it is "never helpful for anyone to speculate on what is an ongoing investigation."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/15/politics/trump-london-attack/index.html

8 replies, 1251 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 8 replies Author Time Post
Reply Trump's latest post-London tweet storm didn't wait for the facts (Original post)
spanone Sep 2017 OP
dalton99a Sep 2017 #1
HipChick Sep 2017 #2
Mrs. Overall Sep 2017 #3
leftstreet Sep 2017 #4
Tommy_Carcetti Sep 2017 #5
onecaliberal Sep 2017 #6
LeftishBrit Sep 2017 #7
SFnomad Sep 2017 #8

Response to spanone (Original post)

Fri Sep 15, 2017, 12:02 PM

1. Hey, what about that mass shooting on Sunday in the U.S.

Plano Police Chief Greg W. Rushin said: “We’ve never had a shooting of this magnitude; never had this many victims.”

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Fri Sep 15, 2017, 12:03 PM

2. What's new?

Reply to this post

Fri Sep 15, 2017, 12:16 PM

3. Exactly what Hillary was talking about in her Maddow interview--he reacts emotionally

and violently in an instant without pausing to think and reason out the situation.

This is why she called him a danger to the country.

Reply to this post

Fri Sep 15, 2017, 12:19 PM

4. What made him think they were 'in the sights of Scotland Yard?'

As if he would know

Reply to this post

Fri Sep 15, 2017, 12:20 PM

5. "Before I make a statement, I need the facts."

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/08/15/trump-asks-why-alt-left-not-being-blamed-for-charlottesville-violence-241660

“Before I make a statement, I need the facts,” he explained. “So I don’t wanna rush into a statement. So making the statement when I made it was excellent.”

Oh wait...that was about Charlottesville. Never mind.

Reply to this post

Fri Sep 15, 2017, 12:34 PM

6. What else is new.

Reply to this post

Fri Sep 15, 2017, 01:39 PM

7. Brings out the worst in me

I grew up quite close to Parsons Green and used to travel on the District Line, so this is all quite upsetting to me. (Fortunately everyone I know in London seems to be OK, but how horrible.) I bet he's never been there in his life, and hasn't a clue, so he can shut his mouth. Even Theresa May has basically told him to shut his mouth, and she usually acts as his pet poodle.

Reply to this post

Fri Sep 15, 2017, 04:33 PM

8. tRump has no problems speculating when the believes the perpetrators are brown, but ....

when they are white, we need to wait for all the facts first. Of course, we never have "all" the facts, so they never make any statements.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread