HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Tonight was a good night ...

Mon Sep 25, 2017, 11:22 PM

Tonight was a good night for those who want better health care coverage for all Americans

Senators Klobuchar and Sanders were great. They articulated why the ACA is the best current solution and needs to be supported. And Medicare for All was framed as a long term solution.

6 replies, 2080 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply Tonight was a good night for those who want better health care coverage for all Americans (Original post)
aikoaiko Sep 2017 OP
mvd Sep 2017 #1
Autumn Sep 2017 #2
AJT Sep 2017 #3
aikoaiko Sep 2017 #4
white_wolf Sep 2017 #5
unc70 Sep 2017 #6

Response to aikoaiko (Original post)

Mon Sep 25, 2017, 11:24 PM

1. K&R

Great thread - says it all so well in a succinct way.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Mon Sep 25, 2017, 11:27 PM

2. What I got to watch I enjoyed very much. They were both outstanding and made a great team.

Reply to this post

Mon Sep 25, 2017, 11:33 PM

3. Anyone have, as much as possible, an unbiased opinion

of how the "other side" of the debate did?

Reply to this post

Response to AJT (Reply #3)

Mon Sep 25, 2017, 11:36 PM

4. I thought LG almost cried when he defended McCains no vote on the Cassidy Graham bill

It was a powerful moment, but it did help their cause.

Reply to this post

Response to AJT (Reply #3)

Tue Sep 26, 2017, 05:21 AM

5. Graham did better than Cassidy.

All Cassidy did was offer anecdotes. At least Graham tried(and failed) to back up his proposals with data and evidence. Beyond that, Graham just came across as more likable. I don't like either of them, but Graham did a better job of coming across as if he truly believed his bill would help people. Of course, ignorance is no less dangerous than malice.

Reply to this post

Response to white_wolf (Reply #5)

Tue Sep 26, 2017, 07:02 AM

6. Agree with white_wolf and OP

This was a surprisingly good debate overall, much more lively and interesting than we usually see. Agree that Cassidy had the weakest performance. I thought the CNN moderators did well.

Klobuchar and Sanders were excellent. I am struck by how quiet the naysayers have been since the debate itself. The dozen or so DUers who have spent recent days attacking Sanders now seem to have lost their talking points. I am sure they will soon find a new set of concerns, but for now that is a strong statement on how well Sanders and Klobuchar did.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread