HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Update on Virginia Delega...

Wed Nov 8, 2017, 06:48 PM

Update on Virginia Delegates

From Ballotpedia:

Election updates

November 8, 5:02 PM ET: An additional 83 votes for Delegate Tim Hugo (R) in the District 40 race were found in a vote canvass, increasing Hugo's lead over challenger Donte Tanner (D) to 115 votes.[2]

November 8, 1:30 PM ET: According to the Washington Post, the reported vote count for Delegate Tim Hugo (R) in the District 40 race was 100 votes lower than it should have been. With this 100-vote swing, Hugo took a narrow lead over Donte Tanner (D), who had previously led by 68 votes. Republicans now have leads in all four uncalled races that could go to recounts.[3] If Republicans win all four seats, they will have a 51-49 majority in the chamber.

This will be a squeaker. But the confirmed wins are still amazing. Stay tuned on those recounts!

7 replies, 2198 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 7 replies Author Time Post
Reply Update on Virginia Delegates (Original post)
peggysue2 Nov 2017 OP
mvd Nov 2017 #1
peggysue2 Nov 2017 #2
Yonnie3 Nov 2017 #3
stuffmatters Nov 2017 #5
FSogol Nov 2017 #4
Yonnie3 Nov 2017 #6
peggysue2 Nov 2017 #7

Response to peggysue2 (Original post)

Wed Nov 8, 2017, 06:57 PM

1. Thanks for the update. Hopefully votes are found for Tanner next

It would be icing on the cake to win the chamber!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to mvd (Reply #1)

Wed Nov 8, 2017, 07:03 PM

2. It certainly would!

I'll keep checking the updates.

Reply to this post

Wed Nov 8, 2017, 07:20 PM

3. Voters have until noon Monday to provide their id for provisional ballots.

I haven't seen how many provisional ballots are pending in these close races. I've only seen speculation that there are enough to change the outcome on the close races.

Reply to this post

Response to Yonnie3 (Reply #3)

Wed Nov 8, 2017, 07:37 PM

5. WOW, that's an awesome fact. Very,very promising for us.

And I hope our Party has Rers vigilantly policing, are all over these recounts. Like at least checking that totals are not larger than the number of people who voted... like.gotta validate today's "found bag" of R votes. That "discovery" reminds me so much of Walker's machine in Wisc and his ever shady County Clerk, Cathy something, who's pulled Walker and Repugs through so many times.

Luckily Va already has a Democratic Governor, but still we've got to watch these recounts like hawks. Keep in mind these are all Republican controlled districts, so they've still got their people in place there right now. And we know Repugs will do pretty much anything to win.

Reply to this post

Wed Nov 8, 2017, 07:29 PM

4. Have the absentee ballots been counted? n/t

Reply to this post

Response to FSogol (Reply #4)

Wed Nov 8, 2017, 07:38 PM

6. They have. n/t

Reply to this post

Response to FSogol (Reply #4)

Wed Nov 8, 2017, 07:41 PM

7. Yes!

It's my understanding that absentee ballots are counted on election night. Provisional ballots take longer to process and verify ID's. If need be, provisional ballot voters will have until Monday to present those valid ID materials.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread