HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Grassley and Trump plan t...

Mon Nov 27, 2017, 11:57 AM

Grassley and Trump plan to pack the US Judiciary

Just reported on MSNBC that Grassley wants to add 447 federal judicial positions that Trump can pack with ultra-conservative justices that serve for life.

This is so transparent and corrupt, yet nothing we can do to stop it. I anticipate a massive regression of social policies and equality in the near future.

This country is really on its way to being unlivable and more akin to 2nd and 3rd world countries. Conservative dominated countries are almost always hell-holes. America is headed in that direction.

While I hope we can stop the damage, I also wish I had some other options of countries to move to. As a gay Jew, I'm very concerned about my rights and safety in this country, completely ignoring the the issues with healthcare and taxes which will substantially hurt me.

6 replies, 880 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to OliverQ (Original post)

Mon Nov 27, 2017, 12:00 PM

1. If I were young, I'd definitely consider emigrating to another country.

The nation is being ruined before our eyes and there's nothing we can do about it. Even if we elect every Democrat who runs for the next 20 years, those judgeships are LIFETIME positions.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Vinca (Reply #1)

Mon Nov 27, 2017, 03:43 PM

6. Yup, sadly it's near impossible to do except to some places that aren't any better.

Canada and Europe are impossible to emigrate too without special skills or family living there.

Reply to this post

Mon Nov 27, 2017, 12:00 PM

2. I guess the LIE that "there is no difference between republicans and Democrats", is a LIE

Reply to this post

Mon Nov 27, 2017, 12:03 PM

3. Remember when Obama was accused of "packing the courts"...

for trying to get Merrick Garland seated?

Reply to this post

Mon Nov 27, 2017, 12:14 PM

4. Republicans would find away to stop it or slow it.

Why can't Democrats?

Reply to this post

Response to Chasstev365 (Reply #4)

Mon Nov 27, 2017, 02:08 PM

5. Because they will do anything at all in order to win.

We, on the other hand look nervously down at our hands on the table while hoping not to be called on, at the same time murmuring platitudes about "well, when you're a minority...".

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread