HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Stupid on stupid: "The la...

Sun Dec 3, 2017, 01:34 PM

Stupid on stupid: "The lawyer ate my tweet homework"

Woke up to this

John Dowd, President Trump's personal lawyer, tells me that a Trump tweet that caused an eruption yesterday was "my mistake," made in a tweet he had drafted and passed to White House social media director Dan Scavino.

It is a stupid excuse of course but the question who drafted it is of no consequence. The point is that Trump tweeted it out and found nothing untruthful with it.

However this is just more lies on other lies. No attorney is drafting tweets for Trump to send out. All attorneys are telling Trump to stop talking about the case, stop tweeting about the case and refer all questions to a single attorney that represents the entire defense team. If that attorney says anything more than "We have no comment" he will be sacked.

Have Dowd and Savino explain minute by minute before FBI agents what happened and maybe we can get these asses understand that they have to stop lying but more likely we are going to get more guilty verdicts.

Evidence of a cover up (lawyer ate the tweet) about a cover up (the actual tweet) of a felony obstruction claim(Flynn lying to the FBI) about the conspiracy (conspiring with the Russians to modify the sanctions) of sedition (not treason).

Sedition:

Congress has passed laws creating related offenses that punish conduct that undermines the government or the national security, such as sedition in the 1798 Alien and Sedition Acts, or espionage and sedition in the Espionage Act of 1917, which do not require the testimony of two witnesses and have a much broader definition than Article Three treason. Some of these laws are still in effect. Some well-known spies have been convicted of espionage rather than treason.

We are literally watching people commit felonies before our eyes in slow motion. If the lawyer states before FBI agents that he drafted the tweet and did not, its another level of obstruction. Whether he drafted it or not it has been tweeted out and Trump hasn't disowned it. Who "drafted" the tweet is of zero relevance.

29 replies, 1768 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 29 replies Author Time Post
Reply Stupid on stupid: "The lawyer ate my tweet homework" (Original post)
grantcart Dec 2017 OP
democratisphere Dec 2017 #1
grantcart Dec 2017 #2
VOX Dec 2017 #9
Enoki33 Dec 2017 #3
Motley13 Dec 2017 #5
grantcart Dec 2017 #8
smirkymonkey Dec 2017 #28
L. Coyote Dec 2017 #4
MyOwnPeace Dec 2017 #11
L. Coyote Dec 2017 #12
MyOwnPeace Dec 2017 #15
L. Coyote Dec 2017 #16
jalan48 Dec 2017 #6
marylandblue Dec 2017 #10
Dread Pirate Roberts Dec 2017 #7
Sneederbunk Dec 2017 #13
grantcart Dec 2017 #23
Nevernose Dec 2017 #14
grantcart Dec 2017 #18
Nevernose Dec 2017 #19
janx Dec 2017 #20
HipChick Dec 2017 #22
rockfordfile Dec 2017 #17
janx Dec 2017 #21
Snotcicles Dec 2017 #24
grantcart Dec 2017 #25
MFM008 Dec 2017 #26
grantcart Dec 2017 #27
Motley13 Dec 2017 #29

Response to grantcart (Original post)

Sun Dec 3, 2017, 01:38 PM

1. Sure would like to fast forward to impeachment, resignations and

locking them all up.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to democratisphere (Reply #1)

Sun Dec 3, 2017, 01:40 PM

2. They are still adding people to the conspiracy. The chain of obstruction is still active.

We have to wait until they stop breaking the law until we know who to go after, lol.

Reply to this post

Response to democratisphere (Reply #1)

Sun Dec 3, 2017, 01:57 PM

9. Republicans will not impeach one of their own.

They’ve been quiet about *everything* he’s done and said to date, enabling him as they go.

Even though 45 is a very sick man, Republicans (who’ve proven time and again how extremely partisan they are, by putting party before country) are not going to do the right thing at this late date.

Where there’s hope: 1) Democrats gain the Senate in 2018, to at least hold the line; 2) Trump’s illness explodes, and he’s turned out to pasture for health reasons (hopefully before a “Dr. Strangelove”-type scenario unfolds).

Reply to this post

Sun Dec 3, 2017, 01:44 PM

3. Who is going to believe the lawyer got up at 6:15 AM to advertise

his incompetence?

Reply to this post

Response to Enoki33 (Reply #3)

Sun Dec 3, 2017, 01:48 PM

5. hmmmm, he is sleeping with his lawyer

Reply to this post

Response to Motley13 (Reply #5)

Sun Dec 3, 2017, 01:57 PM

8. With Savino lol

Reply to this post

Response to Motley13 (Reply #5)

Mon Dec 4, 2017, 12:33 PM

28. No, they share one of these....

"The Love Toilet"

Reply to this post

Sun Dec 3, 2017, 01:45 PM

4. How many people are authorized to pretend to be the president? Public has a right to know.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029919055

The best way to assure all Trump's tweeting will be by his attorney:

Reply to this post

Response to L. Coyote (Reply #4)

Sun Dec 3, 2017, 02:24 PM

11. Shouldn't there

be some "gold" on there somewhere?

LOVE IT!

Reply to this post

Response to MyOwnPeace (Reply #11)

Sun Dec 3, 2017, 02:26 PM

12. Maybe they will grant Trump one huge concession ....

He can have his gold toilet moved from Fifth Ave. to his cell

Reply to this post

Response to L. Coyote (Reply #12)

Sun Dec 3, 2017, 03:46 PM

15. Along with.....

conjugal visits from Vlad

Reply to this post

Response to MyOwnPeace (Reply #15)

Sun Dec 3, 2017, 05:15 PM

16. ROFLMAO

Reply to this post

Sun Dec 3, 2017, 01:49 PM

6. An interesting legal strategy by Trump.

He can claim some statements made on his Twitter account may not necessarily be by him. How can this be verified? How will the Court's rule in the case of obstruction?

Reply to this post

Response to jalan48 (Reply #6)

Sun Dec 3, 2017, 02:20 PM

10. It's a question of fact that a jury decides

And it's not the only or even the main fact the jury will have to look at. The main thing they are going to look is all the things Trump did to protect Flynn and derail Comey, and all the things he said about it . When you look at it that way, a clear pattern emerges.

Reply to this post

Sun Dec 3, 2017, 01:53 PM

7. What a great choice of excuses!

Either my client flamed out and publicly confessed to obstruction of justice or I'm the stupidest lawyer on the planet and admitted it for him. But, I really didn't admit it for him, I'm just so sloppy in my work that I mistakenly tweeted something in his name that admitted it for him. I didn't mean it. It was all a terrible mistake. It's almost too stupid to be true.

Reply to this post

Sun Dec 3, 2017, 02:56 PM

13. Lawyer incriminated his client. Will lawyer be fired?

Reply to this post

Response to Sneederbunk (Reply #13)

Sun Dec 3, 2017, 10:01 PM

23. lol, report him to the bar

Reply to this post

Sun Dec 3, 2017, 03:08 PM

14. I believe the lawyer really did write it

It’s not incoherent, nor does it call for building a wall or impeaching Clinton.

It also writes the narrative they’re pushing. “Totally exonerates Trump! He found out Flynn lied to the FBI, so he fired him. Then he told Comey that his firing and shame were punishment enough for such minor crimes, and could Comey please show some mercy for a war hero?”

Not a bad smokescreen for a defense. It all makes total sense, since that line of bullshit is taken totally out of the context of other events.

Reply to this post

Response to Nevernose (Reply #14)

Sun Dec 3, 2017, 05:26 PM

18. it doesn't work to help Trump

Doesn't matter who "drafted it" Trump typed it and sent it out at 6 in the morning.

No competent attorney is going to be telling their client to tweet out anything about an on going investigation with the FBI, they are going to say "use your right to say nothing".

All this does is give the FBI more people to talk to. They can now bring the attorney in and Scavino and if they lie they will be in trouble and if they truthfully confirm that Trump sent the tweet then they will have established that not only was Trump involved in the obstruction but that he continued it even further.

Reply to this post

Response to grantcart (Reply #18)

Sun Dec 3, 2017, 06:32 PM

19. Competent being the key word

I suspect that they’re doing their absolute best with what’s probably the world’s most difficult client. We also don’t know when it was written, just sent, and we don’t know who actually wrote it. Plus, the reports said the first dozen attorneys Trump approached turned him down.

They can’t stop him from tweeting. Perhaps they’re trying to mitigate the potential damage. That’s not the worst strategy, either. The guy managed to win the electoral college based largely on his role as The Shitlord King of Twitter. Like it or not, a large part of highly visible cases is trying things in the court of public opinion and in the media.

These cases in particular more than most. Impeachment is an inherently political act, as the inevitable pardons will be. If the Mango Mussolini’s team can muddy the water enough, that might help provide the political coverage he needs.

Even from a purely courtroom perspective, the most successful defenses are those that can create a smokescreen, just completely confuse the facts so much that anyone so inclined will think “not guilty.”

From what I’ve seen, on Twitter, “his” explanation of this morning’s tweet is catching on. Roughly “I fired Flynn because I knew he lied to the FBI, and I asked Comey not to prosecute because a career patriot being professionally ruined was punishment enough.”

If you step back and forget that we know more details than most average citizens, that’s actually a fairly reasonable, believable explanation. And that’s how the GOP works, isn’t it? By playing the ignorant.

WE know that there are a dozen questions that blow up Trump’s rationalization. Why didn’t you fire him when you found out he’d committed multiple felonies? If you were just trying to protect the FBI, why did you fire the head of the FBI? How come you kept trying to protect Flynn until just a week before he pled guilty? Why would you hire a disgraced former general when you were specifically warned about him by Obama, Congress, the CIA, the NSA, and even Chris fucking Christie?

Of course it’s ridiculous bullshit. But that’s what it’s supposed to be.

They’re all guilty as sin and they know damn well they’ve got no legal legs to stand on. So getting “the people” and the media either on their side or just confused is their best shot.

Reply to this post

Response to Nevernose (Reply #14)

Sun Dec 3, 2017, 06:43 PM

20. It's even worse:

Dowd told NBC News that he drafted the tweet and then sent it to White House Social Media Director Dan Scavino to publish. When asked for the original email he sent to Scavino, Dowd said he dictated it orally.

edit: forgot link

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/trump-s-lawyer-claims-responsibility-trump-s-problematic-tweet-n826036

Reply to this post

Response to janx (Reply #20)

Sun Dec 3, 2017, 07:07 PM

22. Cover up..Lock 'em up!

Reply to this post

Sun Dec 3, 2017, 05:18 PM

17. Trump typed that.

Reply to this post

Response to rockfordfile (Reply #17)

Sun Dec 3, 2017, 06:44 PM

21. Yes he did. His lawyer made a suggestion,

and Trump typed what he thought the lawyer wanted him to say.

Reply to this post

Sun Dec 3, 2017, 10:12 PM

24. I would hope the lawyer was smart enough to insist on cash before lunging onto that sword. nt

Reply to this post

Response to Snotcicles (Reply #24)

Mon Dec 4, 2017, 02:04 AM

25. diamonds would be preferable, his cash is about to go under examination.

Reply to this post

Mon Dec 4, 2017, 04:34 AM

26. Raise your hands

Who believes maggot DID write that tweet????

Reply to this post

Response to MFM008 (Reply #26)

Mon Dec 4, 2017, 11:31 AM

27. "Baghdad Kelley Anne Bob" just said "me, me me"

and volunteered to join her boss in jail

Reply to this post

Mon Dec 4, 2017, 01:12 PM

29. my bet, the only thing the lawyer had to do with twitter, is to tell the

moron to stay the hell off.

Now the moron has 280 characters to incriminate himself.

keep tweeting , imbecile

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread