HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » McConnell Tells Trump: Se...

Thu Sep 14, 2017, 08:53 PM

McConnell Tells Trump: Send Congress Your DACA Proposal

Source: TPM

By Matt Shuham Published September 14, 2017 12:11 pm

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) said Republicans in Congress “look forward” to receiving the Trump administration’s proposal following talk of a potential deal that would protect DACA recipients in exchange for beefed up border security.

Conservatives, predictably, raged at the news.

McConnell and House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-WI) weren’t in attendance Wednesday night, but deputy White House press secretary Lindsay Walters said Thursday morning, according to a pool report, that “The President spoke to McConnell and Ryan this morning.” Trump added later to reporters: “Everybody’s on board.”

McConnell implied in a statement that Trump had an obligation to lay out his proposal, so that Congress could move forward while considering his preferences.

Read more: http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/mitch-mcconnell-statement-potential-daca-deal

I do think McConnell will have a LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLong wait!

9 replies, 2132 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 9 replies Author Time Post
Reply McConnell Tells Trump: Send Congress Your DACA Proposal (Original post)
riversedge Sep 2017 OP
yallerdawg Sep 2017 #1
Thomas Hurt Sep 2017 #2
BigmanPigman Sep 2017 #3
SergeStorms Sep 2017 #6
BigmanPigman Sep 2017 #9
Pugster Sep 2017 #4
Tanuki Sep 2017 #7
riversedge Sep 2017 #8
forgotmylogin Sep 2017 #5

Response to riversedge (Original post)

Thu Sep 14, 2017, 08:59 PM

1. McConnell really is the devil.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Sep 14, 2017, 10:01 PM

2. Trump is a racist, but DACA is really popular, Donnie thought he could toss the hot potato..

at the losers who failed to him. tsk, tsk.

Reply to this post

Thu Sep 14, 2017, 10:02 PM

3. I could have used a picture of his face while I was a teacher

for a math lesson for first graders of how to draw a semi circle. Have you ever seen a more dour scowl in your life?!

What a "miserable old man"...as an former illustrator I can say that he would be the standard clip art for such an image.

Reply to this post

Response to BigmanPigman (Reply #3)

Fri Sep 15, 2017, 04:47 AM

6. Or perhaps.....

for Art Class (if indeed schools still have Art Class), he'd be the quintessential standard model for the Green Sea Turtle. That face! My eyes have never seen someone so shockingly devoid of happiness in my entire life. The most sour, dour, humorless face on the planet.

Reply to this post

Response to SergeStorms (Reply #6)

Fri Sep 15, 2017, 02:08 PM

9. I have my BFA (Bach of Fine Art) and was an illustrator

and couldn't make a living freelancing so I became a teacher. I was shocked to learn that they do not have art and music teachers in Elementary Schools in San Diego, CA. Then I learned that CA is 48 out of states
when it comes to how much money is allocated for each student. We are a rich state but none of the money goes to education in schools. Since I know art I taught it and snuck it into the curriculum whenever possible. I would've used McConnell for a math lesson , "Where do semicircle exist in the real world". On second thought his face is so gloomy it could make the kids afraid and cry...then parents would complain to the principal and I would be "written up".

Reply to this post

Thu Sep 14, 2017, 10:26 PM

4. Collins, Murkowski, Graham, and Jeff Flake support DREAMERS

That's 56 votes right there. Does anyone know of any other Republican senator opposing deportation?

Reply to this post

Response to Pugster (Reply #4)

Fri Sep 15, 2017, 06:10 AM

7. McCain

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/09/10/politics/john-mccain-immigration-senate-donald-trump-cnntv/index.html

"Congress should pass permanent protections for young undocumented immigrants and do so in a comprehensive immigration package, Arizona Republican Sen. John McCain said Sunday.

"It is not conscionable to tell young people who came here as children that they have to go back to a country that they don't know," McCain said on CNN's "State of the Union."....(more)

Reply to this post

Response to Tanuki (Reply #7)

Fri Sep 15, 2017, 09:27 AM

8. good to see this.

Reply to this post

Fri Sep 15, 2017, 12:19 AM

5. I like imagining the subtext though:

"You sit in your office and try writing something down for a change, asshole, stop punting the ball to us."

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread