HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Dem to join mental health...

Thu Sep 21, 2017, 02:10 PM

Dem to join mental health group advocating Trump's removal

Source: The Hill

A House Democrat is slated to appear next month at a gathering of mental health professionals who are questioning President Trumpís fitness for office, adding to a line of lawmakers openly suggesting he is not psychologically able to serve.

A spokeswoman confirmed that Rep. Jamie Raskin (D-Md.) is scheduled to speak at a town hall organized by Duty to Warn, a group of mental health professionals calling for Trumpís removal from office under the Constitutionís 25th Amendment because they think he is not psychologically fit.

Raskin is expected to discuss legislation he introduced earlier this year to establish an Oversight Commission on Presidential Capacity that can determine if the president is incapacitated. His bill currently has 31 cosponsors, all of whom are Democrats.

Under the Constitutionís 25th Amendment, the vice president and a majority of Cabinet members, ďor of such other body as Congress may by law provide,Ē can jointly declare that a president is unfit to serve. Raskinís bill would create an ďother bodyĒ as permitted by the 25th Amendment.

Read more: http://thehill.com/homenews/house/351764-dem-to-join-mental-health-group-calling-for-trumps-removal

4 replies, 2358 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Dem to join mental health group advocating Trump's removal (Original post)
Jose Garcia Sep 2017 OP
elleng Sep 2017 #1
William the Drunkard Sep 2017 #2
matt819 Sep 2017 #3
Ilsa Sep 2017 #4

Response to Jose Garcia (Original post)

Thu Sep 21, 2017, 03:11 PM

1. Good to see my Rep. discuss such.

'Raskin is expected to discuss legislation he introduced earlier this year to establish an Oversight Commission on Presidential Capacity.'

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Sep 21, 2017, 03:15 PM

2. Rec

But we're still talking about a two-thirds vote in Congress.

Reply to this post

Thu Sep 21, 2017, 04:10 PM

3. I have to admit to some ambivalence about the buffoon-in-chief's removal/departure

Yes, he's everything everyone has called him, and more.

But his removal would likely change nothing in practical terms. Pence is a Christian extremist who will advance the mission of his co-religionists in Congress and his Cabinet. He has done nothing but lick the buffoon's ass every single day and has given absolutely no indication that he will shift gears in any way. He may clean up better, but he is as much of a fascist and white supremacist as the b-i-c. And for his odd ways, he will be only slightly less of a laughingstock.

Reply to this post

Response to matt819 (Reply #3)

Thu Sep 21, 2017, 04:15 PM

4. Since Pence's agenda is more obvious, it

might be easier to stop it. I don't think that many people want a theocracy.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread