HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » 'Horrific Abuse of Power'...

Thu Apr 30, 2020, 02:20 AM

'Horrific Abuse of Power': California Police Launch Investigation After Viral Video Shows Deputy Pun

Source: Daily Beast

A California deputy is under investigation, and has been reassigned outside the police department, after a disturbing viral video showed him punching and choking a teenage boy during an arrest, authorities said.

The Rancho Cordova Police Department and the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Office announced an “investigation into the use of force by our deputy” after a video of the April 27 incident posted on Twitter on Tuesday received more than two million views and was shared by former Democratic presidential candidates Julian Castro and Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA).

“This is a horrific abuse of power,” Harris tweeted. “This officer must be held accountable.”

Read more: https://www.thedailybeast.com/rancho-cordova-police-launch-investigation-after-video-shows-deputy-punching-14-year-old-elijah-tufuno

8 replies, 2570 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 8 replies Author Time Post
Reply 'Horrific Abuse of Power': California Police Launch Investigation After Viral Video Shows Deputy Pun (Original post)
BaronChocula Apr 2020 OP
SunSeeker Apr 2020 #1
Marrah_Goodman Apr 2020 #2
Rainbow Droid Apr 2020 #3
WheelWalker Apr 2020 #4
canuckledragger Apr 2020 #5
Rainbow Droid Apr 2020 #8
Merlot Apr 2020 #7
spike jones Apr 2020 #6

Response to BaronChocula (Original post)

Thu Apr 30, 2020, 04:02 AM

1. Horrible. This deputy has no self control. He should not be in law enforcement.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to SunSeeker (Reply #1)

Thu Apr 30, 2020, 06:47 AM

2. this

Reply to this post

Thu Apr 30, 2020, 08:56 AM

3. Could you please point to evidence that self control is a factor for the police hiring process?

Because I can't remember offhand a single time I ever saw a police officer show self control.

In fact, I would say that the lack of self control is a defining characteristic of police officers in this country.

The large majority know they don't have to exercise (or even pretend to show) self control because they won't be held accountable.

And they don't. And they aren't.

Reply to this post

Response to Rainbow Droid (Reply #3)

Thu Apr 30, 2020, 09:14 AM

4. Nonsense.

Reply to this post

Response to WheelWalker (Reply #4)

Thu Apr 30, 2020, 09:31 AM

5. The truth hurts...

Doesn't it?

Reply to this post

Response to WheelWalker (Reply #4)

Thu Apr 30, 2020, 02:28 PM

8. Are you implying that the police do not shoot innocent people without warning,

use excessive force without provocation, or close ranks to shield themselves from accountability?

Because there are way too many documented incidents of all of those things.

I find it ironic and amusing that your one word response, "Nonsense", was, in actual fact, nonsense.

Reply to this post

Thu Apr 30, 2020, 10:35 AM

7. Probably due to steroids and a belief system that justifies this behavior and knows there

will be no accountability.

A deadly cocktail.

Reply to this post

Response to BaronChocula (Original post)

Thu Apr 30, 2020, 10:16 AM

6. Danger police in area.

[link:|

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread