HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » L.A. County 'with all cer...

Tue May 12, 2020, 02:13 PM

L.A. County 'with all certainty' will keep stay-at-home orders in place through July

Source: Los Angeles Times

Los Angeles County’s stay-at-home orders will “with all certainty” be extended for the next three months, county Public Health Director Barbara Ferrer acknowledged during a Board of Supervisors meeting on Tuesday.

Los Angeles County last week loosened some stay-at-home rules, reopening some trails and allowing some retail stores to begin curbside services with social distancing. But Ferrer warned Tuesday that further loosening of the rules will be slow.

Ferrer said that would only change if there was a “dramatic change to the virus and tools at hand.”

“Our hope is that by using the data, we’d be able to slowly lift restrictions over the next three months,” she said. But without widely available therapeutic testing for the coronavirus or rapid at-home tests that would allow people to test themselves daily, it seems unlikely that restrictions would be completely eased.

Read more: https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-05-12/coronavirus-beaches-reopen-los-angeles-county-move-toward-new-normal

5 replies, 1216 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply L.A. County 'with all certainty' will keep stay-at-home orders in place through July (Original post)
brooklynite May 2020 OP
LizBeth May 2020 #1
EllieBC May 2020 #2
LizBeth May 2020 #3
killaphill May 2020 #4
Initech May 2020 #5

Response to brooklynite (Original post)

Tue May 12, 2020, 02:15 PM

1. Where goes Calif goes Oregon, hopefully. Will give me more weight to tell bosses I am not

going to sit in a nest of it at work waiting on people from Washington and Ca.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to LizBeth (Reply #1)

Tue May 12, 2020, 03:12 PM

2. It's only LA county though.

Unless surrounding Orange, Ventura, and Riverside counties do the same people will just go there.

Reply to this post

Response to EllieBC (Reply #2)

Tue May 12, 2020, 03:39 PM

3. Yes. I get that. But I start listening to the start to see where we go. Oregon Gov has taken

it to July 6 I believe. LA doing this just grounds that a little more. Matters what happens in Wa, too.

Reply to this post

Tue May 12, 2020, 05:29 PM

4. I applaud this brave leadership.

Reply to this post

Tue May 12, 2020, 06:19 PM

5. I feel like it's never going to end until there's a vaccine.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread