HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Court finds Indiana Attor...

Tue May 12, 2020, 06:04 PM

Court finds Indiana Attorney General Curtis Hill groped women, strips him of law license for 30 days

Source: ABC News

Indiana State Attorney General Curtis T. Hill Jr., a rising star in the Republican party, had his license to practice law suspended for 30 days by the state Supreme Court for inappropriately touching four women during a 2018 party.

Hill, 59, who made history in 2016 by becoming the first African American elected as Indiana's top law enforcement official, said in a statement that he accepted the ruling issued on Monday "with humility and respect" to the state's highest court and will begin his suspension on May 18.

In their ruling, the five judges that comprise the state Supreme Court wrote that it found "clear and convincing evidence" that Hill committed acts of misdemeanor battery. The court also found that Hill's behavior violated Indiana Professional Conduct Rules.

"I offer my deepest gratitude to my family, friends and the entire staff of the Office of the Attorney General. My staff has worked tirelessly and without interruption and will continue to do so on behalf of all Hoosiers," said Hill, the married father of five.

Read more: https://abcnews.go.com/US/court-finds-indiana-attorney-general-curtis-hill-groped/story?id=70634926

The complaints against Hill stem from a party in March 2018 at an Indianapolis bar attended by lawmakers, lobbyist and legislative staffers celebrating the end of that year's legislative session.

Hill was accused of circling the bar and inappropriately touching the four women ... (one) claimed that Hill touched her "bare back, rubbing his hand down her back down to or just above her buttocks without her consent," ... Three other females, all in their 20s, claimed they were subjected to similar behavior. One claimed Hill groped her buttocks, another accused him of rubbing her back without her consent and a third accused him of putting his arm around her waist and pulling her toward him.

5 replies, 1053 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Court finds Indiana Attorney General Curtis Hill groped women, strips him of law license for 30 days (Original post)
left-of-center2012 May 2020 OP
warmfeet May 2020 #1
bluestarone May 2020 #2
tulipsandroses May 2020 #3
keithbvadu2 May 2020 #4
Miguelito Loveless May 2020 #5

Response to left-of-center2012 (Original post)

Tue May 12, 2020, 06:22 PM

1. 30 days.

That'll teach him.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Tue May 12, 2020, 07:21 PM

2. Bunch of BULLSHIT!

He should register as SEX OFFENDER!

Reply to this post

Tue May 12, 2020, 07:57 PM

3. Unfuckingbelievable! I wouldn't even call that a slap on the wrist

Just outrageous.

Reply to this post

Tue May 12, 2020, 08:23 PM

4. A black republican. And if he had not been a republican?

A black republican.

And if he had not been a republican?

Reply to this post

Wed May 13, 2020, 08:00 AM

5. 30 days?

What about prosecuting for sexual assault?

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread