HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » The Kenosha Police Office...

Wed Aug 26, 2020, 11:15 PM

The Kenosha Police Officer Who Shot Jacob Blake In The Back Has Been Identified As Rusten Sheskey

Source: BuzzFeed News

Rusten Sheskey has been identified as the Kenosha police officer who shot Jacob Blake in the back as he tried to get in his car with his children inside, the Wisconsin Department of Justice said.

In a statement released Wednesday, the agency said that officers had attempted to arrest Blake, a 29-year-old Black man, and a taser did not subdue him.

Details released by the Wisconsin DOJ leading up to the moment of the shooting lines up with bystander video of the incident that was shared widely early this week. Blake walked around his car and opened the driver's side door, and Sheskey grabbed Blake's shirt and fired his gun into his back, the statement said.

"No other officer fired their weapon," the statement said, adding that the officers were not wearing body cameras because the Kenosha police department does not have them.

Read more: https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/clarissajanlim/kenosha-police-officer-rusten-sheskey-shot-jacob-blake?bftwnews&utm_term=4ldqpgc#4ldqpgc

23 replies, 3200 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 23 replies Author Time Post
Reply The Kenosha Police Officer Who Shot Jacob Blake In The Back Has Been Identified As Rusten Sheskey (Original post)
brooklynite Aug 26 OP
SergeStorms Aug 26 #1
MosheFeingold Aug 27 #10
SergeStorms Aug 27 #11
MosheFeingold Aug 27 #15
SergeStorms Aug 27 #16
Cosmo Blues Aug 29 #20
MosheFeingold Aug 31 #22
Calista241 Aug 31 #23
TigressDem Aug 26 #2
exboyfil Aug 27 #3
SergeStorms Aug 27 #9
JohnnyRingo Aug 27 #4
Judi Lynn Aug 27 #5
angrychair Aug 27 #6
melm00se Aug 27 #13
angrychair Aug 27 #14
joshdawg Aug 27 #7
Progressive Jones Aug 27 #17
raccoon Aug 27 #8
LiberalArkie Aug 27 #12
Steelrolled Aug 28 #19
rocktivity Aug 28 #18
Cosmo Blues Aug 29 #21

Response to brooklynite (Original post)

Wed Aug 26, 2020, 11:47 PM

1. One cop emptied his gun into the back...

of Jacob Blake. HE EMPTIED HIS FUCKING GUN INTO THE BACK OF THAT MAN! Now just what in the world would cause him to empty his goddamned gun into the back of Jacob Blake? SEVEN FUCKING SHOTS? There is nothing that justifies firing seven shots into an unarmed man's back. NOTHING!

I'm so freaking sick of this shit. I have to go to bed. I can't take another minute of this fucking shit.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to SergeStorms (Reply #1)

Thu Aug 27, 2020, 06:53 AM

10. I'm not defending the cop

But is have shot men before, legally and during a war.

Couple things to know: about 30% of shots land, on a good day, and close range.

You have no idea if you’ve actually successfully shot someone, especially with a pistol. So you are trained to empty the magazine.

Pistols wounds seldom instantly kill or even affect someone. They basically poke holes in a person and they bleed out over hours or minutes. (A rifle, in contrast, has visible injuries.)

Anyway, long way of saying there is plenty bro complain about, but not the number of shots.

Reply to this post

Response to MosheFeingold (Reply #10)

Thu Aug 27, 2020, 11:47 AM

11. When you're holding the man by his shirt...

and pressing your gun into the back of the man, the chances are 100% that you're going to hit that man. They took seven spent rounds of ammunition out of Jacob Blake at the hospital. Seven fucking rounds. Maybe you think that's acceptable. I don't.

Reply to this post

Response to SergeStorms (Reply #11)

Thu Aug 27, 2020, 05:41 PM

15. No, you misconstrue the post

Note, the first sentence is "I am not defending the cop".

Just pointing out the "number of bullets fired" portion of the argument is not valid. I could should someone 15 times in the lower abdomen with a pistol and he'd probably eventually die of sepsis -- in about two weeks. But he wouldn't be slowed down much, at all for a solid hour.

Reply to this post

Response to MosheFeingold (Reply #15)

Thu Aug 27, 2020, 08:13 PM

16. This man was shot in the spine.

The chances of him ever walking again are very slim. I understand your argument, but don't agree with it. Seven shots at point blank range into a man's back seems excessive to me. We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.

Reply to this post

Response to MosheFeingold (Reply #15)

Sat Aug 29, 2020, 05:26 PM

20. Training

You had inferior training

Reply to this post

Response to Cosmo Blues (Reply #20)

Mon Aug 31, 2020, 10:09 AM

22. LOL

Sure.

Reply to this post

Response to SergeStorms (Reply #11)

Mon Aug 31, 2020, 10:27 AM

23. I witnessed a shooting years ago.

Two people with pistols emptied their magazines (12+ rounds) at point blank range within arms reach of each other. 24 plus rounds discharged, and not a single hit by either participant on anyone, much less who they were actually shooting at.

People think shooting someone with a pistol is like the movies, where most shooters hit what they are aiming at. Police officers hit what they are shooting at less than 30% of the time. And that's when they're not in an actual gunfight. If a suspect is returning fire, the hit rate is 18%.

Reply to this post

Wed Aug 26, 2020, 11:56 PM

2. Where is the vomit emoji? This is so sickening.

I grew up thinking most police are decent people trying to protect the public and I have met many who are, but these outright murderers with badges and guns. Gahhh. Sickening.

Reply to this post

Thu Aug 27, 2020, 12:44 AM

3. Delay in giving name

Enough time to scrub social media.

Reply to this post

Response to exboyfil (Reply #3)

Thu Aug 27, 2020, 06:47 AM

9. As well as any...

disciplinary records. Gotta' make the PoPo look squeaky clean for Pence and Trump.

Reply to this post

Thu Aug 27, 2020, 01:05 AM

4. After being doxxed...

he may want to be arrested and taken in. Just sayin'

Reply to this post

Thu Aug 27, 2020, 01:46 AM

5. There's no mystery why this police department has opted to go without body cameras.

Rusten Sheskey

Reply to this post

Thu Aug 27, 2020, 04:23 AM

6. Charge him with murder

No excuse for what he did.

Reply to this post

Response to angrychair (Reply #6)

Thu Aug 27, 2020, 12:15 PM

13. I understand the sentiment

but Jacob Blake is not dead so a murder charge is not justified nor supported.

Reply to this post

Response to melm00se (Reply #13)

Thu Aug 27, 2020, 02:53 PM

14. Oops

was thinking one thing and typing another. In my head I was referring to the Rittenhouse kid, not the cop.
My mistake.

Reply to this post

Thu Aug 27, 2020, 05:05 AM

7. Try him, convict him and put him in general population.

just sayin'.

Reply to this post

Response to joshdawg (Reply #7)

Thu Aug 27, 2020, 09:16 PM

17. Unfortunately, most States have laws preventing convicted criminal cops

from being place in "General Population".

Reply to this post

Thu Aug 27, 2020, 05:29 AM

8. Has this man stopped beating his wife? Nt

Reply to this post

Thu Aug 27, 2020, 11:59 AM

12. They need officers who are not cowards.

Reply to this post

Response to LiberalArkie (Reply #12)

Fri Aug 28, 2020, 11:18 AM

19. They also need cops who will just let people go when it makes sense

Jacob Blake probably wasn't going to do any harm getting in that car and driving away. They can deal with him later. If he had domestic abuse charges, find out who was involved and provide protection if needed.

Cops, people on social media, etc, all get too worked up.

Reply to this post

Fri Aug 28, 2020, 11:02 AM

18. UPDATE: Wisconsin Department Of Justice Confirms Jacob Blake Was Armed When He Was Shot

Last edited Sat Aug 29, 2020, 11:14 AM - Edit history (3)

BlueLivesMatter.Blue: Wisconsin DOJ Confirms Jacob Blake Was Armed When He Was Shot

“During the investigation following the initial incident, Mr. Blake admitted that he had a knife in his possession,” a Wisconsin DOJ statement said. “DCI agents recovered a knife from the driver’s side floorboard of Mr. Blake’s vehicle. A search of the vehicle located no additional weapons.”

The incident...began...when officers responded to a call about a domestic disturbance...The woman who called 911 told dispatchers that Blake “isn’t supposed to be there and he took the complainant’s keys and is refusing to give them back...”

The dispatcher advised the responding officers that there was an alert for a wanted person at that address...Blake had a warrant from another domestic incident in May...He was wanted on charges of third-degree sexual assault, trespassing, and disorderly conduct in connection with domestic abuse that occurred at the same address...

The witness who filmed...the first viral video that was released...told NBC News...“They were also yelling drop the knife. I didn’t see any weapons in his hands, he wasn’t being violent.” (But his) video revealed an object in Blake’s left hand...that looked like a curved-blade knife...(and a) second video released proved that witnesses’ reports that Blake wasn’t fighting with police before he was shot were untrue...

rocktivity

Reply to this post

Sat Aug 29, 2020, 05:31 PM

21. Paid administrative leave

In other words a vacation

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread