HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » QAnon believer who plotte...

Thu Jan 14, 2021, 01:47 AM

QAnon believer who plotted to kill Nancy Pelosi came to D.C. ready for war

Source: politico

The Colorado man brought a Glock, an assault-style rifle with telescopic sight, high-capacity magazines and about 2,500 rounds of ammunition, including at least 320 “armor-piercing” rounds, according to court records.

By NOLAN D. MCCASKILL 01/13/2021 04:36 PM EST

The day after a Colorado man driving a truck loaded with weapons made it to Washington, D.C., last week, he texted a frightening forecast of what could come with President-elect Joe Biden’s inauguration.

“I predict that within the next 12 days, many in our country will die,” wrote Cleveland Grover Meredith Jr., who had threatened to kill Washington Mayor Muriel Bowser and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), according to federal court records....

“He also lacks ties to the community and appears to have no regard for governmental functions,” Sherwin said. “A clearly disturbed, deranged, and dangerous individual that fantasizes about committing horrific acts of violence and takes countless steps to carry them out by driving across several states with a trailer stocked with thousands of rounds of ammunition and multiple firearms—including an assault style rifle—should not remain in the community.”................

Read more: https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/13/qanon-nancy-pelosi-murder-plot-458981

?s=20

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi of Calif., speaks during a news conference on Capitol Hill in Washington, Thursday, Aug. 13, 2020.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi. | AP Photo/Patrick Semansky

20 replies, 3381 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 20 replies Author Time Post
Reply QAnon believer who plotted to kill Nancy Pelosi came to D.C. ready for war (Original post)
riversedge Thursday OP
Midnight Writer Thursday #1
Frasier Balzov Thursday #2
Harker Thursday #15
Cozmo Thursday #16
Kittycow Thursday #3
trueblue2007 Thursday #4
llmart Thursday #8
Lonestarblue Thursday #9
Kittycow Thursday #11
Withywindle Thursday #5
modrepub Thursday #6
gab13by13 Thursday #10
lagomorph777 Thursday #14
BlueWavePsych Thursday #7
ffr Thursday #17
bucolic_frolic Thursday #12
lagomorph777 Thursday #13
Initech Thursday #18
colorado_ufo Thursday #19
Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin Thursday #20

Response to riversedge (Original post)

Thu Jan 14, 2021, 02:24 AM

1. We're just seeing the ones in the light. How many more roaches are sneaking through the shadows?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Jan 14, 2021, 02:41 AM

2. For a minute, I thought this was going to be about Boebert.

Reply to this post

Response to Frasier Balzov (Reply #2)

Thu Jan 14, 2021, 09:11 AM

15. It might still be.

We'll see how the 'pre-insurrection Capitol tours' story plays out.

Reply to this post

Response to Frasier Balzov (Reply #2)

Thu Jan 14, 2021, 09:47 AM

16. Same here

Reply to this post

Thu Jan 14, 2021, 03:29 AM

3. Many people will die alright.

In regards to the insurrection, I'm expecting the worst of them to be killed if things get out of hand again. I just hope to God none of our leaders are hurt.

PS: I'm really glad we have Joe and Nancy at the helm; this is no time for neophytes. And I also hope President Obama will give counsel behind the scenes if they ask him.

Reply to this post

Response to Kittycow (Reply #3)

Thu Jan 14, 2021, 04:20 AM

4. and it will be the BAD PEOPLE!!!!

Reply to this post

Thu Jan 14, 2021, 07:00 AM

8. I'd like to kick and recommend your P.S.

I say that every single day. We could not ask for a better person in charge than Joe Biden who is the exact opposite of trump. He is a man with years of experience in all facets of how our federal government works. He has also always been very well respected. He and Obama had a wonderful workig relationship and I would stake my life on Obama being at the ready with advice if Biden seeks it.

Reply to this post

Thu Jan 14, 2021, 07:00 AM

9. I hope our National Guard on duty in the Capitol have bullet proof vests and armor.

Years of right-wing media propaganda, conspiracy theories, and the deliberate support for white supremacy have all brought us to this point. I worry that we’re entering another phase as in the 60s when political assassination and random violence were the reactions to perceived ills. Somehow it seems worse now because we have ignored these right-wing extremists and self-appointed militias for decades and allowed the gun culture to get out of control, with guys like this being able to buy armor-piercing military bullets.

Reply to this post

Response to Lonestarblue (Reply #9)

Thu Jan 14, 2021, 07:52 AM

11. Amen to your '60's comment!

I was a teen then and became desensitized to assassinations and civil crisis since they were so common (buildings blown up, Watts burning, Democratic Convention police brutality etc).

Reply to this post

Thu Jan 14, 2021, 06:01 AM

5. "lacks ties to the community"

No, the problem is, this person has LOTS of ties to a community. A community that has been organizing and preparing for 'race war" and assassinations for years. Can we finally, now, at last, let go of that "lone wolf" narrative?

This is an organized movement.

Reply to this post

Response to Withywindle (Reply #5)

Thu Jan 14, 2021, 06:33 AM

6. Yup

This person expected a lot of company when he got to DC. Why else would you carry so much ammunition unless you're intending to be an ammunition stockpile for lots of like minded folks?

And that rat-bastard of a Senator that was packing IMO wasn't carrying for "protection". He was looking to join in in the festivities.

We have some very sick deranged folks in this country who think some dark clandestine movement is out to get them and their only choice is to put bullets in people's heads.

I wonder if we're at the Fort Sumter (initial salvo) or the Gettysburg (high water mark) moment of this sedition movement.

Reply to this post

Response to modrepub (Reply #6)

Thu Jan 14, 2021, 07:45 AM

10. I live among Trumpers,

believe me they all have stockpiles like that. They carry all of those guns and ammo because then they are not afraid. That's exactly what they tell me. They also tell me they keep loaded guns in the house so they won't be afraid, and this is in a small rural town with very little crime, other than drugs and DUI's.

Reply to this post

Response to gab13by13 (Reply #10)

Thu Jan 14, 2021, 09:10 AM

14. Loaded guns in the house are far more likely to kill a family member than any bogeyman.

Simpering, whining, idiotic dolts.

Reply to this post

Thu Jan 14, 2021, 06:35 AM

7. Gitmo for this terrorist.

Reply to this post

Response to BlueWavePsych (Reply #7)

Thu Jan 14, 2021, 11:34 AM

17. Let them all convert to some prison religion, to be forgotten.

Scum!

Reply to this post

Thu Jan 14, 2021, 08:42 AM

12. Anarchy and mob rule will not be popular

Hoping the FBI and courts can clip this movement's wings

Reply to this post

Thu Jan 14, 2021, 09:09 AM

13. Off to Gitmo!

Reply to this post

Thu Jan 14, 2021, 01:24 PM

18. So when do we start calling them terrorists?

Reply to this post

Thu Jan 14, 2021, 02:41 PM

19. It's like the old joke:

"If a dog chases a car, what would he do with it, if he catches it?"

Gal who got Maced wept to the media, who asked why she was there: "We were storming the capitol for the revolution!"

Then what? Who decides who has the power? What are the rules? Whom do you plan to obey? What is the secession? Do you think your 74 y.o. "God Emperor" with the world's worst golf swing will last forever?

Has even one of you miscreants read a history book? You might at the least check out what happened to Roman emperor after Roman emperor.

Reply to this post

Thu Jan 14, 2021, 06:37 PM

20. K&R

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread