HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Biden Targets Louisiana B...

Thu May 6, 2021, 03:37 PM

Biden Targets Louisiana Bridge in Infrastructure Sales Pitch

Source: Bloomberg

President Joe Biden traveled to Louisiana on Thursday to garner support for his $2.3 trillion infrastructure plan, speaking in front of a dilapidated bridge that both Republicans and Democrats have pledged to rebuild.

“I know the times have been tough here,” said Biden, who lost the state to former President Donald Trump in the 2020 election. “I believe you need the help.”

The president spoke from near the Calcasieu River Bridge, deemed by engineers to be in poor condition and in need of repair. The administration said the crossing provides a key example of why lawmakers should pass Biden’s funding package, which would provide $115 billion in funding for roads, bridges and highways.

“It shouldn’t be this hard or take so long to fix a bridge that’s so important,” Biden said. “It makes no sense.”

Read more: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-05-06/biden-targets-louisiana-bridge-in-infrastructure-sales-pitch

3 replies, 1013 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Biden Targets Louisiana Bridge in Infrastructure Sales Pitch (Original post)
brooklynite May 6 OP
Submariner May 6 #1
elleng May 6 #2
Omaha Steve May 6 #3

Response to brooklynite (Original post)

Thu May 6, 2021, 03:48 PM

1. Do that in West Virginia too to snap Manchin out of his bi-partisanship delusion

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu May 6, 2021, 04:08 PM

2. Got it, scalise???

Reply to this post

Thu May 6, 2021, 06:29 PM

3. K&R!

Reply to this post