HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » 2 men accused of using ch...

Tue May 11, 2021, 12:47 PM

2 men accused of using chemical on officer Brian Sicknick at the Capitol riot to stay in jail, judge

Source: CNN

Two men accused of spraying police with chemical spray, including on Capitol Police Officer Brian Sicknick, in the Capitol riot will stay in jail as they await trial, a federal judge ruled on Tuesday.

The long-awaited ruling from Judge Thomas Hogan of the DC District Court comes in one of the most closely watched cases related to Trump supporters' violence against police during the insurrection.

The two Trump supporters spraying toxic chemicals at police during the riot "wasn't just out of the blue," Hogan said on Tuesday. George Tanios and Julian Khater "had a plan to use those devices as weapons at the Capitol," Hogan added.

Tanios and Khater have pleaded not guilty to 10 counts of assaulting police and other charges.

Read more: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/2-men-accused-of-using-chemical-on-officer-brian-sicknick-at-the-capitol-riot-to-stay-in-jail-judge-rules/ar-BB1gCaHg?li=BBnb7Kz

8 replies, 1200 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 8 replies Author Time Post
Reply 2 men accused of using chemical on officer Brian Sicknick at the Capitol riot to stay in jail, judge (Original post)
Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin May 11 OP
soothsayer May 11 #1
bottomofthehill May 11 #2
Bayard May 11 #4
bottomofthehill May 11 #7
monkeyman1 May 11 #3
bucolic_frolic May 11 #5
FakeNoose May 11 #6
Mysterian May 11 #8

Response to Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin (Original post)

Tue May 11, 2021, 12:52 PM

1. Lock em up! More insurrectionist news here

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to soothsayer (Reply #1)

Tue May 11, 2021, 01:18 PM

2. You assault a cop, you stay behind bars.

Get used to it. You may well be there for a while.

Reply to this post

Response to bottomofthehill (Reply #2)

Tue May 11, 2021, 03:23 PM

4. You kill a cop,

You'll be there forever.

Reply to this post

Response to Bayard (Reply #4)

Tue May 11, 2021, 07:25 PM

7. Agreed, I believe their actions led to the death of Officer Sicknick

The Medical Examiner for DC says otherwise. I am not a Medical Doctor but I find it hard to believe that a healthy young police officer died the day after being involved in a mid evil battle on the west front and was exposed to chemical agents, that said, the ME saw it differently than I do. Still, they clearly assaulted a police officer as part of an armed insurrection against the United States and they should go to Jail for a long time

Reply to this post

Tue May 11, 2021, 02:40 PM

3. all the insurrection clown's should stay locked up !! trump can't help them. too bad !!!

Reply to this post

Tue May 11, 2021, 03:33 PM

5. In what reality were their minds living that they thought this was a good idea?

I know, MAGA, MAGAt, ZombieTrumpWorld, but still. It's like a bad cartoon fantasy.

Reply to this post

Tue May 11, 2021, 04:52 PM

6. They should be charged with attempted murder

Assaulting a police officer isn't enough here. They brought the chemical to the Capitol riot with the full intention of using it on police officers. Keep them locked up.

Reply to this post

Tue May 11, 2021, 07:28 PM

8. Poor wittle babies!

They thought they would get medals from Emperor Trump.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread