HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Ukraine: Russia set to la...

Mon Apr 18, 2022, 10:56 AM

Ukraine: Russia set to launch 'space war' to destroy Elon Musk's Starlink satellites

This discussion thread was locked as off-topic by Omaha Steve (a host of the Latest Breaking News forum).

Source: express

RUSSIA could launch a new "space war" against Elon Musk in retaliation for the sinking of the Moskva on Thursday, according to an adviser to the Minister of Internal Affairs of Ukraine.

Read more: https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1596756/ukraine-live-war-update-zelensky-vladimir-putin-russia-nuclear-strike-latest-nato-news?fr=operanews

looks like Ukraine were able to use high tech to their advantage.

6 replies, 1130 views

Cannot reply in locked threads

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply Ukraine: Russia set to launch 'space war' to destroy Elon Musk's Starlink satellites (Original post)
catsudon Apr 2022 OP
IronLionZion Apr 2022 #1
Tetrachloride Apr 2022 #2
rockfordfile Apr 2022 #3
Submariner Apr 2022 #4
targetpractice Apr 2022 #5
Omaha Steve Apr 2022 #6

Response to catsudon (Original post)

Mon Apr 18, 2022, 11:00 AM

1. Pick up Twitter, lose some satellites

such is life

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Mon Apr 18, 2022, 11:02 AM

2. Maybe. Maybe not. Grasping at straws is the Pukers' way.

Mon Apr 18, 2022, 11:08 AM

3. Cry me a river

Mon Apr 18, 2022, 11:09 AM

4. This would be a good time for Biden to threaten

to disconnect Russia from the world wide web if he starts filling low earth orbit space with satellite debris, or if he fires chemical weapons or any tactical nuke artillery shell.

Shut off the country's internet and the people should go crazy and hopefully kill him.

Mon Apr 18, 2022, 11:14 AM

5. There are 2,000 of them...

Despite what I think about Musk (he is a nutcase)... These satellites are an innovation and important for bringing broadband to many people without internet infrastructure.

If this threat were come to pass... I would think this is a major escalation by Russia... depriving people of communications and links to the outside world. It's a dangerous line to cross, and I would think the US would respond in-kind... knocking out Russian satellites.

Mon Apr 18, 2022, 11:21 AM

6. After a review by forum hosts....LOCKING

OVER 12 hours old when posted: 08:31, Sat, Apr 16, 2022 | UPDATED: 05:40, Sun, Apr 17, 2022

Statement of Purpose
Post the latest news from reputable mainstream news websites and blogs. Important news of national interest only. No analysis or opinion pieces. No duplicates. News stories must have been published within the last 12 hours. Use the published title of the story as the title of the discussion thread.