HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Santorum fights to be hea...

Tue Feb 14, 2012, 09:43 PM

Santorum fights to be heard at a raucous Tacoma rally

TACOMA -- It was fight night for Rick Santorum in the City of Destiny.

The former Pennsylvania senator was cheered by the largest public outdoor rally in Western Washington that a Republican White House hopeful has seen in years. But Santorum fought to make himself heard over chants from protesters.

The candidate tried to link together President Obama and the demonstrators, declaring: "They're fundamentally trying to remake our country into a country that our Founders wouldn't recognize."

The Santorum rally, at the Washington State History Museum, was the state's the most raucous political event since conservative talk radio activists provided a loud bump in the 1994 Hillary Clinton health care caravan.

Read more: http://www.seattlepi.com/local/connelly/article/Santorum-fights-to-be-heard-at-a-raucous-Tacoma-3316478.php#ixzz1mPVd3zsD

Favorite line of the article: Not the most humorous of candidates, Santorum went straight at the hecklers rather than humoring and poking them.

4 replies, 2368 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Santorum fights to be heard at a raucous Tacoma rally (Original post)
grantcart Feb 2012 OP
msongs Feb 2012 #1
annabanana Feb 2012 #2
Tom Ripley Feb 2012 #3
customerserviceguy Feb 2012 #4

Response to grantcart (Original post)

Tue Feb 14, 2012, 09:46 PM

1. founding fathers recognized slavery there, ricky boy. wanna go back to that too? nt

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Tue Feb 14, 2012, 09:48 PM

2. "Santorum went straight at the hecklers rather than humoring and poking them."

That will make him look shakable, VERY non-presidential..

Reply to this post

Tue Feb 14, 2012, 10:42 PM

3. The Founders weren't cazy about Papists, Ricky

Reply to this post

Tue Feb 14, 2012, 11:51 PM

4. He's still in Washington?

Yes, I figured he wanted to be there Monday, when equal marriage was signed into law, but I'm frankly surprised that he hung around another day. He really wants to win that WA caucus the Saturday before Super Tuesday. I guess he figures he's got Michigan in the bag.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread