HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Editorials & Other Articles (Forum) » Obamas Global Visits Insp...

Sat Jun 10, 2017, 08:45 PM

Obamas Global Visits Inspire Wistful Comparisons of Then and Now

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/09/world/americas/obama-trudeau-dinner.html?ribbon-ad-idx=5&rref=world/americas&module=Ribbon&version=context®ion=Header&action=click&contentCollection=Americas&pgtype=article

Sorry if this is already posted - a great article.
Obama's still popular as ever the world over...what a breath of fresh air in this stale worrisome climate of Agent Orange.
Check out that very cool pic with Justin Trudeau on the link!

1 replies, 4497 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Obamas Global Visits Inspire Wistful Comparisons of Then and Now (Original post)
onetexan Jun 2017 OP
Tarheel_Dem Jun 2017 #1

Response to onetexan (Original post)

Sat Jun 10, 2017, 09:44 PM

1. I found this bit very interesting, especially considering what we're now going through....

"The former president’s situation is complicated by the fact that he remains extremely popular in most of the world — starkly contrasting with Mr. Trump — meaning foreign leaders can easily use a meeting with Mr. Obama to their political advantage at home.

Mr. Trudeau lost no time tweeting a picture of himself at dinner with the former president, adding a post, in French and English: “How do we get young leaders to take action in their communities? Thanks @BarackObama for your visit & insights tonight in my hometown.”

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread