HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Editorials & Other Articles (Forum) » Trump's Remarks at the 45...

Wed Jan 13, 2021, 09:38 AM

Trump's Remarks at the 45th Mile of New Border Wall; Reynosa-McAllen, TX; January 12, 2021

REMARKS

Remarks by President Trump at the 45th Mile of New Border Wall | Reynosa-McAllen, TX

IMMIGRATION

Issued on: January 12, 2021

Mexico–United States Border
Reynosa–McAllen, Texas
2:10 P.M. CST

THE PRESIDENT: Thank you very much. Thank you, everybody. Great honor to be here. We worked long and hard. Please sit down. We’ve worked long and hard to get this done. They said it couldn’t be done, and we got it done. One of the largest infrastructure projects in the history of our country.

I’m honored to be here in the Rio Grande Valley with the courageous men and women of Customs and Border Patrol. These people are incredible. They’re really incredible. I’ve gotten to know you very well over the last four years. Many of you are friends from all of the work we did in designing the wall. We got it exactly as you wanted it — everything — including your protective plate on top. I’d say, “Why did we put that?” And they said, “We need it for extra protection.” Climb plate. And we have everything you want. It’s steel. It’s concrete inside the steel. And then it’s rebar — a lot of heavy rebar inside the concrete. And it’s as strong as you’re going to get and strong as you can have. But we gave you 100 percent of what you wanted. So now you have no excuses. I didn’t want you to have any excuses. (Laughter.)

And you set records. And we can’t let the next administration even think about taking it down, if you can believe that. I don’t think that will happen. I think when you see what it does and how it’s so important for our country, nobody is going to be touching it. And you are very proud of it, and you’re proud of the work you did, because we really designed it together.

We’re joined together to celebrate a great achievement: the extraordinarily successful building of the wall on the southern border.

Before we begin, I’d like to say that free speech is under assault like never before. The 25th Amendment is of zero risk to me but will come back to haunt Joe Biden and the Biden administration. As the expression goes: Be careful what you wish for. The impeachment hoax is a continuation of the greatest and most vicious witch hunt in the history of our country, and it is causing tremendous anger and division and pain — far greater than most people will ever understand, which is very dangerous for the USA, especially at this very tender time.

{snip}

Because of the pandemic — horrible, horrible invisible enemy — and despite our tremendous success developing a vaccine years before it was thought evenly remotely possible. Nobody thought it was going to be possible. They said would take five years. “Sir, it will take seven years.” All of our scientists were saying — our advisors, “It will take 7 years, 5 years, 10 years maybe.” Well, we did it just like I said we would.

{snip}

The laws that Congress passed must be upheld. To the men and women of ICE, Customs and Border Protection, and all across DHS, law enforcement in general: You have earned the everlasting gratitude of our nation. You have no idea how much our nation loves you and respects you. I don’t think you do have an idea, but it’s true. I only hope and pray that your voice will be heard, honored, heeded, and respected long into the future.

God bless you. God bless law enforcement. And God bless America. Thank you very much. Thank you. Great job. (Applause.)

END 2:31 P.M. CST

2 replies, 624 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Trump's Remarks at the 45th Mile of New Border Wall; Reynosa-McAllen, TX; January 12, 2021 (Original post)
mahatmakanejeeves Jan 13 OP
ProudMNDemocrat Jan 13 #1
catbyte Jan 13 #2

Response to mahatmakanejeeves (Original post)

Wed Jan 13, 2021, 09:42 AM

1. Hard to understand English when POTUS speaks in WORD SALADS.

No wonder people laughed.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to mahatmakanejeeves (Original post)

Wed Jan 13, 2021, 09:44 AM

2. Ugh. F his wall.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread