HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Video & Multimedia (Forum) » Fucking Lt Gov Texas #Say...

Mon Mar 23, 2020, 09:52 PM

Fucking Lt Gov Texas #SayingTheQuietPartAloud

Calling for old people to go ahead and die for the economy...

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/03/this-kind-of-numbnutterery-will-kill-people-texan-blasted-for-saying-elderly-should-sacrifice-themselves/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

#SayingTheQuietPartAloud

2 replies, 635 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Fucking Lt Gov Texas #SayingTheQuietPartAloud (Original post)
ihaveaquestion Mar 2020 OP
madaboutharry Mar 2020 #1
Vogon_Glory Mar 2020 #2

Response to ihaveaquestion (Original post)

Mon Mar 23, 2020, 10:00 PM

1. He should be shunned and forced to resign.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to ihaveaquestion (Original post)

Mon Mar 23, 2020, 10:14 PM

2. I loathe Dan Patrick BUT

He may have reason to believe that he can say things that would not only set off recalls in blue states, but bring out the torches and pitchforks not only in purple states, but some red states, too.

Up until recently, Texas has been ground zero for voter apathy. The voters most likely to turn out are older whites (Who tend to vote Republican). Itís been over 20 years since a Democrat has held a statewide office. Maybe he thinks he can get away with it again.

And it galls me to say it, but as long as the young and certain plurality voting blocks sit on their backsides when voting time comes around, he might be right in 2022, even if Abuelo and Abuela join Grandma and Grandpa in the under-the-turf club in Texas cemeteries.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread