HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Video & Multimedia (Forum) » Stephen Colbert: Guest Ge...

Sat Dec 19, 2020, 06:00 AM

Stephen Colbert: Guest George Clooney

George Clooney Pretends To Talk To Santa Outside His Children's Room To Get Them To Behave

George Clooney is using his remarkably good Santa Claus impression to help keep his young kids in line this holiday season. George directs and stars in the new Netflix film, "The Midnight Sky."

George Clooney's New Film "The Midnight Sky" Is About Regret And Seeking Redemption

Stephen gets the scoop on the new film "The Midnight Sky" from its star and director George Clooney, who recounts filming a scene in a whiteout blizzard on location in Iceland.

George Clooney Shares The Story Of His Unique Exchange With Broadcasting Legend Walter Cronkite

George Clooney, star of the new film "The Midnight Sky," reveals what Walter Cronkite said to him during a live show after the newsman messed up his opening lines.

5 replies, 1151 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Stephen Colbert: Guest George Clooney (Original post)
Rhiannon12866 Dec 2020 OP
Roy Rolling Dec 2020 #1
Rhiannon12866 Dec 2020 #5
keithsw Dec 2020 #2
onetexan Dec 2020 #3
LittleGirl Dec 2020 #4

Response to Rhiannon12866 (Original post)

Sat Dec 19, 2020, 07:38 AM

1. Truth

I’ve worked with hundreds of celebrities in my career, George Clooney is a prince among them.

In a world of people where the joke is “the most important thing in Hollywood is sincerity...and if you can fake that, you’re got it made”, George is genuine.

You can feel good about liking him, he’s truly worthy of our admiration.

It took him a long time to be comfortable with his fame. That’s the mark of a truly humble person.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Roy Rolling (Reply #1)

Sat Dec 19, 2020, 08:40 AM

5. Well, I know that this interview isn't particularly political - except for the Cronkite reference

But I know how much DUers like and admire him, plus we know where he stands politically. And this was a warm and humorous interview, so I decided it was well worth posting. Thanks for letting us know that the admiration is well deserved.

Reply to this post

Sat Dec 19, 2020, 08:10 AM

2. George is such a nice guy

He and my younger brother are friends. ( we're from the same area ) they met at Northern Kentucky University and have remained friends for years. When George comes back to visit Nick and Nina ( his parents ) he and my brother get together for a drink or a meal. Bro says he hasn't changed a bit

Reply to this post

Sat Dec 19, 2020, 08:32 AM

3. I dont swoon over most people but Clooney rocks my boat

and he married an equally lovely woman..both humanitarians, smart and decent human beings. I've liked his acting since i first saw him in Sisters series decades ago.

Reply to this post

Sat Dec 19, 2020, 08:33 AM

4. I swoon over George every time I see him

Thanks for posting this my friend.
I needed the chuckles and belly laughs!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread