HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Video & Multimedia (Forum) » Following Arizona's Shamb...

Wed Sep 15, 2021, 03:46 AM

Following Arizona's Shambolic Example, Wisconsin GOP Starts Election Spectacle - Rachel Maddow MSNBC

Rachel Maddow reports on a new Republican effort in Wisconsin to match Arizona's theatrics around the 2020 election results, apparently including the confused procedures and overall ignorance about how the state's elections are conducted. Aired on 09/14/2021.

6 replies, 579 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply Following Arizona's Shambolic Example, Wisconsin GOP Starts Election Spectacle - Rachel Maddow MSNBC (Original post)
Rhiannon12866 Sep 15 OP
riversedge Sep 15 #1
Rhiannon12866 Sep 15 #2
Harker Sep 15 #3
ancianita Sep 15 #4
Wild blueberry Sep 15 #5
Rhiannon12866 Sep 15 #6

Response to Rhiannon12866 (Original post)

Wed Sep 15, 2021, 05:54 AM

1. Stupid and selfish WI Republicans. damn

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to riversedge (Reply #1)

Wed Sep 15, 2021, 06:09 AM

2. This has truly gotten ridiculous

And they still haven't learned.

Reply to this post

Wed Sep 15, 2021, 08:35 AM

3. This is akin to having a very sticky bandage pulled very slowly

from a hairy forearm.

Reply to this post

Wed Sep 15, 2021, 04:04 PM

5. Why would any elections clerk give this info to the equivalent of a pastry chef?

That is, someone who knows nothing of actually running an election. (All respect to pastry chefs!)
I'm a Wisconsin poll worker. The election and the recounts were thorough, fully transparent, and verifiable. If you worked an election, you'd know how carefully done everything is, every election.
At the end of election day, no one would turn over ballots or any other election information to some random dude off the street.
And then to use taxpayer money for this fraud? Arrrgh!!!

Reply to this post

Response to Wild blueberry (Reply #5)

Wed Sep 15, 2021, 07:27 PM

6. Apparently the untrained, uninformed and unvaccinated now consider themselves election officials.

How many months has it been? The last time I went out, I saw campaign signs for the next election!

And the waste of taxpayer money is enormous. Rachel compared this plan to the wasteful and pointless effort in Arizona which accomplished nothing except compromising their entire voting system which will have to be replaced at the considerable cost to the taxpayers.

Kudos to you for being a poll worker! It's gotten much tougher in this political climate and we need a lot more just like you!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread