HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » The DU Lounge (Forum) » Ah, 2019, at last!

Thu Jan 3, 2019, 03:17 PM

Ah, 2019, at last!

I'm looking out into our snow filled woods, enjoying the sun filtering through the branches brightening the fresh pure snow beneath. I'm also listening to Nancy Pelosi's first speech upon returning to the leadership in the House. I'm reminded of the English proverb that the darkest hours are just before dawn. May the dawn of this new year shine brightly on this new congress bringing more comity, bipartisanship, peace and progress, with the House returning to its role as "the people's house".

3 replies, 496 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Ah, 2019, at last! (Original post)
PWPippinesq Jan 2019 OP
bearsfootball516 Jan 2019 #1
PWPippinesq Jan 2019 #2
Post removed Jan 2019 #3

Response to PWPippinesq (Original post)

Thu Jan 3, 2019, 03:19 PM

1. Think about, 2 years from now...

We'll be only a couple weeks away from the swearing in of a Democratic president of the United States.

We're halfway there.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to bearsfootball516 (Reply #1)

Sun Jan 6, 2019, 09:40 AM

2. Thanks for the encouragement, bearsfootball.

I'm also greatly encouraged by the diversified new crop of representatives to Congress. They're going to be movers and shakers. I've fought in battles and waged political wars over the years and am looking forward to supporting and cheering on this wonderfully colorful and energized cadre of "youngsters", including some like Donna Shalala, who have been around many blocks and know the lay of the land. I'm hopeful once again.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to PWPippinesq (Original post)

Reply to this thread