HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » The DU Lounge (Forum) » PubServAnnouncement: Watc...

Sat May 25, 2019, 07:44 PM

PubServAnnouncement: Watch/clean your Cookies specifically beware of SHITLER Cookies!1

I was startled by a popup at the NY Post website, a full window survey sponsored by a SHITLER outfit. It had NO little "X" to close it, no way to get out of the page except to go Back.

Sure enough, in my Cookies list, there were at least two "DonaldTrump" cookies, one with 3 or 4 embedded cookies and the other with SEVEN.

Delete!1 Remove!1

2 replies, 277 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply PubServAnnouncement: Watch/clean your Cookies specifically beware of SHITLER Cookies!1 (Original post)
UTUSN May 2019 OP
keithbvadu2 May 2019 #1
UTUSN May 2019 #2

Response to UTUSN (Original post)

Sat May 25, 2019, 10:10 PM

1. How did you identify them?

How did you identify them?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to keithbvadu2 (Reply #1)

Sat May 25, 2019, 10:24 PM

2. Under "Settings" in the Cookies window, they're all listed individually

And, yes, many of them have abbreviated labels, many with no clue as to what they are. The particular SHITLER ones were named "DonaldTrump". The list is alphabetical but some are listed multiply with different letters, like under "n" as "NewYorkTimes" and then under "w" as "www.newyorktimes" but inexplicably (to me) under other beginning letters like "e" or "i" or whatever.

A DUer said that disabling Third Party Cookies keeps only the websites you actually go to and not allowing for the others to pop in?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread