Welcome to DU! The truly grassroots left-of-center political community where regular people, not algorithms, drive the discussions and set the standards. Join the community: Create a free account Support DU (and get rid of ads!): Become a Star Member Latest Breaking News General Discussion The DU Lounge All Forums Issue Forums Culture Forums Alliance Forums Region Forums Support Forums Help & Search

Wicked Blue

(5,876 posts)
Fri Oct 30, 2020, 11:00 AM Oct 2020

My test was negative!

So relieved!

Physician sent me for a COVID-19 test yesterday to be on the safe side. I was tired and had a sore throat the past 3 days.

Last week I spent several hours in a hospital ER while at least one person who was COVID-positive was seated within 15 feet of me. He was masked and not coughing or sneezing. There were also two people who were maskless. I kept my own mask on, tried to not touch anything, used sanitizer and tried to keep away from others when possible.

9 replies = new reply since forum marked as read
Highlight: NoneDon't highlight anything 5 newestHighlight 5 most recent replies
My test was negative! (Original Post) Wicked Blue Oct 2020 OP
Yay! soothsayer Oct 2020 #1
Whew! Congrats! MLAA Oct 2020 #2
I'll bet you're relieved! femmedem Oct 2020 #3
Wicked good news theah..wishing you and fam great health... asiliveandbreathe Oct 2020 #4
Thank you! Wicked Blue Oct 2020 #5
You failed? Next time study harder... Wounded Bear Oct 2020 #6
lol Wicked Blue Oct 2020 #7
I've had two pre-surgical tests so far nuxvomica Oct 2020 #8
Good News irisblue Oct 2020 #9

femmedem

(8,218 posts)
3. I'll bet you're relieved!
Fri Oct 30, 2020, 11:08 AM
Oct 2020

You must have been pretty nervous, given those circumstances.
So happy for you!

nuxvomica

(12,498 posts)
8. I've had two pre-surgical tests so far
Fri Oct 30, 2020, 11:42 AM
Oct 2020

And even though they weren't due to symptoms I was extremely anxious waiting for the results. I imagine you are even more relieved than I was!

Kick in to the DU tip jar?

This week we're running a special pop-up mini fund drive. From Monday through Friday we're going ad-free for all registered members, and we're asking you to kick in to the DU tip jar to support the site and keep us financially healthy.

As a bonus, making a contribution will allow you to leave kudos for another DU member, and at the end of the week we'll recognize the DUers who you think make this community great.

Tell me more...

Latest Discussions»The DU Lounge»My test was negative!