HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » The DU Lounge (Forum) » Grateful for little visit...

Mon Feb 28, 2022, 09:21 PM

Grateful for little visiting bird.

I have a chicken coop near my back door. There is a little bird that visits daily. I don't know what kind he/she is, but it is small and perky. It comes every day to sit for awhile up on the corner braces. I don't know why. He seems to be surveying his domain. There are no current chickens in there, no food or anything. He couldn't get in there, anyway. I know this is silly, but I always see that bird and pretend that he is visiting me to check on me.

It's plausible. I am hooked on seeing this bird. Occasionally, he doesn't come, and I worry about him. I have thought of leaving him food, but I can't reach up there anymore. So, I am thinking of fixing a table for him. Still a month or so of Winter left. Wish I had thought of it sooner.

3 replies, 262 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Grateful for little visiting bird. (Original post)
EndlessWire Feb 2022 OP
Enter stage left Feb 2022 #1
Chin music Feb 2022 #2
blue sky at night Feb 2022 #3

Response to EndlessWire (Original post)

Mon Feb 28, 2022, 09:27 PM

1. blessing can come in small portions.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Mon Feb 28, 2022, 09:52 PM

3. we have fed the birds...

our whole married life, it is awesome to see who shows up at times. Right now we are getting a few deer so we are putting out cracked corn...its always all gone in the morning. Please give the little guy some seeds and a drink for us! Thanks for the post.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread